Minnesota Ski bum just got a job in Austin, TX. Will need ski partners soon!

RazorRoss3

• Baller

Holy $h!t yes! I got a call this afternoon and have been offered a portfolio manager position with Wells Fargo in Austin, TX that I will be accepting tomorrow afternoon after I look over the paper work. I am super pumped to have been able to take advantage of this opportunity.

Huge (yuge?) thank you to my parents @Razorskier1 and Susan Ross for all of their support* especially this past year of working contract positions and starting to get really down on myself. It feels great to see the hard work I've put in paying my dues this past year pay off in such a big way.

All of that said... I know there are Austin Ballers on here and I would greatly appreciate any advice on where I should look for things like you know, a place to live for starters. I don't really have any connections at all down there so any help that can be offered to help me get my bearing would be awesome. Also, as mentioned in other discussions, I'm a pretty good driver (if I can pull @Razorskier1 and @6balls in a straight line I can pull anyone) and will definitely be looking for ski partners.

*support: putting me through college, giving me place to live this past year of working contracting rolls, room and board this past year, being awesome ski partners for the past 10 years, and overall for being the two best people a guy could ask to have in his corner. Thanks Mom and Dad, Love you guys

• Baller

and to add to the above, I'm also a half decent coach and will gladly contribute any combination of gas, money, and the beverage of choice to any/all ski partners. I'll be brining my "Minnesota nice" to Austin with me.

Just found out my start date is 8/8 so about 3.5 weeks to pack, plan, and celebrate!

We're usually out on Travis at 6:30 am. No public course on Travis or Lake Austin. The water level on Travis fluctuates but Lake Austin is constant level but unfortunately no one currently has a course installed.

Early morning trick sets on Travis are primo :)

• Baller
@Kelvin, have you ever been to Minnesota? on an annual basis determine the beginning and end of my season based whether the water is in liquid or solid state. Assuming the ice never comes in in Austin, and that I can find a driver, I will gladly ski on Christmas day.

• Baller
Ok, now that you know where you're goin', first thing you do when you get to town is, go straight to the biggest, most popular gym. Put as many 45s on a bar as you can get, bench that sucker and drop it back on the rack. Then (and this is key), walk straight up to biggest dude in the gym and punch him square in the mouth. Then, and this is also key, grab the purtiest girl there and give her a big 'ol kiss. Give the room a once-over, what for, and walk out. You're good to go then.

• Baller
@parkerc2112 and I skied more over the winter than we are now. Never even got the drysuit out. Wet suit only. If we get ice its usually gone in a day or so, whole city just about shuts down on ice days because they have almost no equipment to deal with it.

• Baller

@jimbrake I've got video of @razorross3 benchin' 505 lbs at a body weight of about 190. Geez he's a blackbelt, too ( you meet him and you won't guess either of these things). My buddy Gavin sent a note that he knows a number of places Mitch could be a bouncer after hours if needing some moonlighting cash!

That aside...first-rate driver and promising skier with an entire M2 career to mess around...though now work is about to get in the way :smile:

• Baller
The ski bum is officially moved! We were there last week and got an apartment, furnishings, a car, a driver's license, and all the rest of what was needed to get Mitch off to a great start in Austin! Much thanks to @usaski1 and @ToddL for ski pulls while I was there! Any of the rest of you looking for someone to ski with send @RazorRoss3 a PM anytime!