UsaSki Witch Hunt

skidawg

• Baller
@skidawg, what would be a more profitable path? The chances of a child making it big in sports is highly unlikely! What sport can you think of that actually follows the rules? Kids are moved to different schools to have a better chance, coaches illegally recruit students in high school. Parents with the most money somehow get their kids on the starting line up. Remember, the closer you are to the inner circle the more dirt you know. At the end of the day we are a bunch of amateurs out having a good time.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
@skierjp , There are many more profitable sports to participate in. My son left skiing for cycling (he's talented enough for a full ride to college-worst case scenario). My daughter is very talented on a mountain bike, golf course, swimming, running & tennis. All are better more profitable paths to college and life in general. This is about exposing them to different things then settling in on what they love and what is a better path. I love skiing, I choose skiing. I don't want them locked into a dying sport because of me.... Time for a change. BTW, the entire argument isn't the boat path/driving (above vid) or cheating. It is the fact that Usawaterski bypassed their own procedures in handling it. That is a huge fault within the organization. There were many great scores from the weekend pulled by other drivers. They should not suffer because of a sub par performance of one.

• Baller
No argument - that's abysmal - bad day for sure. There were several issues that contributed. But, that has never been the issue. Scores being erased for ALL skiers (regardless which of the 5 drivers on site pulled them) is the issue. And, pulling scores from the previous day's event? That's the issue. If we applied this same standard to ALL tournaments (including Regionals and Nationals) there would be chaos. What has occurred is the review of one or two passes out of a total of approx. 593 that were pulled that weekend - and then the conclusion that the scores should be erased for all skiers? That's not due process

• Administrators

Considering the context of this thread - I am going to demand that before anyone posts in this thread they MUST have their real name in their profile or signature or that you are a long long time Baller who is known.

How to?

At the top of the screen click your name

On the left click there is a square icon with a drop down. In that menu is“Edit My Account”

• Administrators

@Lucky_Luke this is a public forum and is only somewhat anonymous. If I had my choice it would be totally un-anonymous. If you have an opinion about the subject of this thread you should be willing to personally stand behind it.

I see that your YouTube comes from an account owned by Luke Edwards. I also see that all of the videos in this account are set to "unlisted". I search USAWS and do not see a member named Luke Edwards.

If you are willing to use your real name and abide by the basic rules of conduct of this site, your opinion is welcome. If you just want to swoop in and feed the flames of controversy your posts are not welcome.

• Baller
anyone have boat path video of a Carbon Pro pulling a good 39 pass? If we are posting a bad boat path, can someone show us a good one? For that matter, I'd like to see good/bad boat paths at 39 for a 200, a Prostar, and a TXi. Probably should be a new thread, as this isn't the only issue going on here, but I think it would be enlightening to us who are not Senior Drivers.

• Baller_

Ok, a few random comments:

1. It really irks me that a first time anonymous poster puts up a video that may, or may not, be the cause of the initial controversy. @Lucky_Luke post with your name or go away.

2. I've been in the boat with senior drivers who are not capable of driving straight for anyone over 100 lbs and shorter than 22 off. Those people do exist and need to remove themselves from the driving pool instead of maintaining their egos.

3. Some boats can be an absolute bear to drive straight. Even the best drivers can struggle and a mediocre driver will be in big trouble with a tough to drive boat and a strong short line skier.

So, applying the benefit of the doubt that maybe it was a) a tough to drive boat, b) a driver in over his head, c) a really strong skier, the fundamental issue is whether the existing procedures were followed and it was a few bad passes, or intentional cheating. Based on that single pass, there is no rational basis to discount an entire tournament.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller
That centurion is mine and it's not an easy drive. Drivers can have bad days. Post under your real name or disappear. If this is your first infraction, I.e. No previous notification of poor driving-get a warning and submit video for a probation period. I have personally witnessed high level senior drivers intentionally help certain skiers for different reasons. That is a way bigger deal than this

• Administrators

Repost from a few days ago

I suspect that this thread could get heated. The one rule around here is “Don’t be an asshole”. A secondary rule might be to always take a few deep breaths before you click “Post Comment”. As long as the disagreements and objections remain quasi-professional it is all good.

If & when I read any posts that would clearly not be tolerated in a professional environment I will simply delete the post and deal with the author off line.

• Baller
As Ward says his CP is a handful on a good day! My butt was puckered up for two days after I pulled those MM guys most of them into 41both days in that tourney! That fact was included in the responses to AWSA from the Chief Officials including myself who were copied on the original email about this issue! I don't think they were listening! That boat path is not a fair example of Joes capability as a driver! Chad has told me many times Joe is a damn good driver!

• Baller

Does no one find it odd that:

a. The driver in question insisted on submitting the tape because the skier had done his job. This Sr. driver has also driven years of Jr Development, Collegiate, Record tournaments, and Regionals.

b. The driver is a former awsa regional director who openly questioned where our membership money was going and how it was being spent. Especially how it was being spent for USOC activities to athletes.

c. No one from the AWSA even bothered to call said driver to ask if there was anything going on at that time, IE winds, something with the boat, etc.

d. A group got together in the Southern region and on the downlow has pushed for censure of said driver

e. One of the members of said group is the father of one of those athletes taking our membership money

f. Now, a video which was sent to the AWSA has now been posted by a fictitious name.

WTF is going on at our AWSA? Does this entire scenario not reek? And the items above don't even get into the Little Mountain issue. This smells of the heavy handed "we are better than you" attitude out of Florida which got us spending thousands to get into the Olympics which the majority of the membership didn't want or care about, a big, huge, expensive building for 12 people, a lake which needed to be dug multiple times, and year over year decline in membership. Maybe Joe did need to be talked to by the drivers committee. Or maybe he just had a bad weekend. This just seems like a BS way to go about it.

Someone said to me.... "Maybe this will serve as a deterrent to cheating the system." My thought is that what it will really do is serve as a deterrent from people getting involved in competitive skiing. Which is a shame. Because my circle of friends has grown immensely because of this sport. With few exceptions, everyone in tournament skiing has been awesome. I've met life long friends. But it sure seems like the a$$hats I meet all seem to be out of the Southern Region and have something to do with the AWSA. And no, @OB1, I'm not calling you an a$$hat. Although you are. lol. But you're a likeable a$$hat with no agenda.

• Administrators
I am locking a few threads for Christmas and this is one of them. Please stop thinking about this subject and go spend time with your family. I will reopen this thread on Dec 26.

• Baller
It is sad that anyone has anything negative to say about our sport. This is a sport we are trying to build up again that was once thriving on ESPN and other channels and we all (me as a kid) wanted to be like. If there is any doubts please go to Flowpoint TV and watch paradise lost, and then tribe of the future. Ski on Ballers.....

Wow- This has caused a lot of heated debate! I was at that tournament and skied into 38' sat and sun. Joe was one of my drivers on one of my 38' passes. I am a 210 Lbs skier that is known to be very difficult to drive for If I get late and start hooking turns. I know that round with Joe I ran a very hard yanking ugly 35' pass, so I know I was yanking the boat around.

I Skied in 24 tournaments and 67 Rounds from may till Oct this year and had about every type of driving you could have and I feel very confident that everyone of them tried their best and were very honest.

had one 6 Round Record tournament weekend that my group had the same 2016 SN 200 w/ 5.3 LT all 6 rounds. Had 4 different drivers, and the boat felt totally different with each driver.

From being super strong and hitting me hard at the finish of the turns -to the boat not being there- to everything being prefect. That tournament really showed me a difference between drivers.

Chad Scott pulled me several rounds this year and I must say the boat never pulls or hits you Its just there and solid. I use his pulls as a means for what is a solid driving pass.

In conclusion, Most drivers pulled solid. Had some moments, but I know every driver did his best to drive a straight path.