What's your Big Hairy Audicious Goal for the new year?

oneski

• Baller

As I sit back and get ready for the holidays I started reflecting on this past ski year. It was a damn good year for me. I came back from a serious neck injury I suffered a year and a half ago that kept me off the water for almost one full year. I finally started back this past May and had no idea if I would be able to ski without reinjuing my neck. I took it slow for months. Running 28' off more times than I can count. I started skiing better and feeling stronger, which meant it was time to shorten the rope. By the end of the summer I had skied in 3 tournaments and was just one buoy off my PB. Not bad considering my injury and start.

I can't wait to start pushing next year and trying to pick up one, maybe two, or even three buoys at 38'.

Curious to hear other Ballers goals for nex year? If I have a written down goal I'll work hard in the gym and on the water to accomplish it.

• Baller_
What..? Wait..we haven't even gotten past the Christmas list of what ski gear we asked for or what Santa brought us or who skied/ing on Christmas Day (my plan). It's like Christmas decorations at Walmart...in October. I'll post closer to the new year ;)

• Baller

Big Hairy Audacious Goal(BHAG)...someone's reading "Good To Great" :)

A BHAG should relate to one's "hedgehog concept", their singular focus and what fits within what they are (or could be) in business...or in this case, their recreation.

My BHAG is better work/life/self balance; slow the pace of my world and better enjoy what I do and the people involved.

• Baller

1) progress to 15 off @ 34

2) get my 9 year old consistent deep water start on long line. Get my 6 year old to drop a ski. Get my 4 year old skiing on the boom.

3) ski 2 times per week all season. (May to sept)

#2 is the stretch goal as it hinge on their desires not mine.

• Baller
Over the winter, do lots and lots of core and strengthening to get ready. Along with a lot of good snow skiing. Get my new D3 ski set up. (I plan on contacting D3 to see if I can receive my gift of the new ski as kind of a demo program purchase, (even if I have to ship the ski back to do it) to make sure I have the right flex) and get the fin set up, etc. Get my new(er) boat further set up, with a new prop, etc. Make sure we schedule lots of personal and family ski time. Keep and strengthen a good connection with my friends down at the ski lake to make sure I can get some training and skiing time in there also, and Get a bunch of skiing in.

• Baller

Realistic goals - run -35 in practice, jump 120+ in a tournament, trick 1800.

Hairy Audacious Goal that might be attainable: Average tournament score beyond -35, jump average >130, trick average >2k.

Most important goal: have fun at the lake

• Baller

My big goal was accomplished at the end of 2016, and that was buying my first boat! Always skied behind my dad's four winns and sea rays, so really excited to finally own a proper ski boat. Bought a 2006 ski nautique 206.

So my goals are:

-Improve my technique so I can start tackling the course

-Get involved with local ski clubs

-Get friends into skiing (or force them to)