How much ice do you have

h2onhk

• Baller

Last set was Oct 22 in 56 f water .Had a layer of ice on Nov 15.Been frozen since.

Ice is now 14-16'' and right now temp is -11 f and with winchill is -30 f.(Winds are up to 40 mph)

Last 2 weeks have been fridgid here in Quebec and the northeast.

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller
no idea, I'm stuck inside with a broken leg, but reports from friends are full size trucks and 12" in a spot that somehow opened the beginning of December and closed just before Christmas. So about on average for this time.

• Baller

More than enough ice on the lake (8"+) to measure, mark, re-measure, adjust, confirm measurements, cut ice and install 39 permanent concrete anchors with attached buoys on our lake. 26 for the Slalom course and 13 for the Jump course - including a couple optional buoys (e.g. center high side of jump). They'll replace a floating Slalom course and a cable course for Jump. While neither my co-owner or I are surveyors, we did find ourselves arguing whether a 5 cm variance from exact course measurements on one turn buoy was acceptable. It was well within the allowed variance. It was also friggin' windy on an 8 degree day.

I did think about some college physics experiment that went along the lines of: measure with a micrometer, mark with a pencil and cut with an axe. In our case, good precise measurements that we triple checked...then cut holes with a chainsaw. Always tried to cut a clean corner where we had the mark and we had a vertical line to the anchor from that corner when it settled on the bottom. But I am sure we had a few cm variance. And yes, using the metric system is way better than English measurements when installing these courses.

39°44'51.3"N 92°13'44.0"W