Ambassador Project Update - where2waterski.com

Horton

• Administrators

Ok guys look at http://where2waterski.com/

The menus are still confusing but I asked Terry Winter to fix them for me.

If you click on "ADD LISTING" you can create an account and add yourself to the Ambassadors or Ski School or Ski Club directory. You will need to create an account.

The site is still all test data so feel free to not add your real info or use your real info if you like. I do not care.

What I do need is for you to try to use the site and let me know what works and what does not work.

Log out and then try to find a ski site in Orlando or Bakersfield or Newberry.

• Administrators
When the web site is good enough we start asking for real ambassador listings and then start asking for donations. That is really the rub - to make this work we will need dollars for Google advertising or similar.

• Administrators

@6balls

Please spend some time looking at the website. Except for the plethora of extra options in the menu at the top I think it's more or less done. If you find anything confusing or irritating I need to hear about it

• Baller

Seems ok...just need lots more sites so search function becomes more meaningful.

Sounds dumb but in terms of the make things 8th grade readable enquiry? Maybe easier to use a word like "contact" or "contact site representative" for the link to click on?

• Baller

Logged in and added a ski club. Then logged out and sent an inquiry to the club I just added. I didn't receive an email from the Inquiry even though the site indicated the inquiry was sent.

Also a bit confused by the difference between a club and an ambassador as both seem to want exactly the same info. I am a member of a club at a private site. I also ski at other places where I might be able to hook people up with a pull. So what I would consider an Ambassador may have access to multiple sites.

Does a club need to be open to new members? Ours isn't but you could be invited for a set. In my mind you'd be invited by an ambassador. So if two of us from our site sign up as ambassadors doesn't the site get listed twice?

I'm probably confusing myself.

Also not much on the page about the purpose of the site. Coming soon?

• Administrators

Carl,

I just sent you an email from the site. If you do not get it I am going to scream.

As to your other question. Every entry is a geographical place. You have to decide if you are adding yourself as an Ambassador or adding the club. If the club is not accepting new members I would think you would want to be listed as an Ambassador.

If two guys from the same club sign up as Ambassadors.... that is great that means you the two of you are spitting the Ambassador duties.

Don't over think it.

• Administrators

@JeffSurdej @RichardDoane both of your issues are noted. I'm trying to wrap up some loose ends and then I'm going to invite the rest of the Ballers to sign.

if possible would everybody make sure that when they are not logged into the website that they can send themselves an email from website. If you don't see your email please double check your spam filters ( Carl)

• Administrators

@dchristman after I get some breakfast I'll test your account. Making sure that emails are getting through is kind of my last step besides generating some documentation before I asked call Ballers to sign up.

@JeffSurdej when the public comes to the site there is no need for them to ever login. They will never need any kind of account. They will find an ambassador or a ski club or a school that they wish to contact. They will click the send inquiry button. They will then send a blind email to whoever the contact is. Does that make sense?

• Administrators
@JeffSurdej Yea I see your point. This is the kind of thing we can address in Phase 2 - when we have some funds to pay a programer to tweak the site.

• Administrators
@JeffSurdej Terry is more of a graphics person. If he can do the work, he is my first choice but some customization may be out of his skill set. Until we have some revenue the site is not really going to change. I plan to soft launch it and then start looking for donations before we send money on tech.

• Administrators
@JeffSurdej phase one is just to recruit clubs and ambassadors. When I say "going public" I mean going beyond the very limited readership that can see this thread.... inviting all the Ballers to sign up as ambassadors.

• Administrators
Just so you guys know there's only about 20 people on Earth that can see this thread. I limited it so I could work out bugs share ideas and get feedback before I let the rest of the Ballers see it.

• Administrators
I am getting a few more listings.... PLEASE DO NOT post a listing without at least one photo and some text for the "Place Description" - This is where you write your invitation to be contacted.

• Administrators
As expected we am learning as we go. I think quality listings are at least as important as how many we have. please take a look at this one. It has great photos and well thought out text about what is being offered.