What's your lake temp today ?

Andre

• Baller

Mid 60’s NW Ohio.

A far cry from where we were last October when we skied bareback a month later than this year.

Come to think of it, this summer might be the worst weather we have had in a long time.

Cold rainy and windy early then windy hot humid and rain on a lot of weekends in the middle and now cold really fast at the end.

It wasn’t even good for golf or biking.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

This was from today, and that'll do 'er for the course this year. Air temp was thrown off by the heater being on full blast, it was raining and 55F. See you next year, buoys. Ran some nice passes and got into -32 but 65F is the limit. It's right when the ski starts doing weird things and that chill through the legs makes you not fully trust them under you.

esot6llsl5b1.jpg

• Baller
Northern NV - 62 at 9am - high 60's - 70 by noon, depending on air temps, but then the winds start. Pros & cons of living in the high desert. Skiing is like pizza, it's always good, just some days are better than others.

• Baller
Think we're in a time warp here in MI. Just got in from skiing and the water temp is now 70 up 4 degrees from Sunday. Air was 82, it was like a summer evening sitting on the dock watching the sunset and enjoying a cold one! It is MI so just waiting for the other shoe to drop although its supposed to be in the 80's next week too.

• Baller
How many of you are checking the water with the temp gauge on your boat vs an independent thermometer? Boats on our lake swing at least 10* and I think most of them read high even for just the top 18" of water. The seem to be about as reliable as the fuel gauge.

• Baller
I skied today, it felt about 60. Felt decent but could have been warmer. I am located in Ontario. Definitely would have needed to alter the fin for optimal performance in this cold water. Tough to realize that it was the last ski of the season but I already am looking forward to next spring!