Andy Mapple

chris55

• Baller

It has been 3 years yesterday that Mister Andy Mapple left our world and I cannot forget that very sad day for us because he has been missed a lot.I am sure he would have loved to see where the performances are going and improving.

All my prayers to his family and his friends.

Chris

It was a sad day when he passed. Interesting how someone I never met yet admired from afar for so many years could have the kind of impact on me that he did. It wasn't just the skiing, that speaks for itself, but the underlying love he showed towards people and the sport he led. I remember the skill of course, but more so the modesty he showed while doing it. Again, skiing aside, he just came across as a great guy, somebody you would want as a friend or neighbor.

RIP Andy and prayers for your loved ones.

• Baller
I was so lucky to have had Andy Mapple as a dear friend! I miss his smile every day! I am a better person from his influence. Andy was an icon in water skiing and a superior human being! My heart is with Deena, Michael, and Elyssa on this day! His innovations and dedication to our sport will be remembered by the entire skiing community. Andy Mapple will always be the G.O.A.T.

My Boss is a friend of his parents. Although I don't like to ask, I'd love to know more about his childhood learning to ski on Windermere in the Lake District and falling in love with the sport (as I did later on a lake a few miles away from Windermere) and then transition onto professional level. He'll never be forgotten by many many people.

Someone mentioned in this thread how they could imagine what a great neighbor and Friend Andy must have been. From my point of view, his neighbor since late 80’s, he was just that. I hope he considered me a friend and I am certain that I was not a good enough friend to him. Perhaps I can utilize this regret as a motivator to be a better friend. Perhaps I could do something for him by attempting a positive contribution in our grief process.

I recall conversations Andy and I had over the years. They consisted mostly of his pride and love for the Kids and Deena. One of whom was 6 foot tall by age 12. Never got a good answer on what they were feeding him.

One of the fond memories I would like to share occurred when the kids were toddlers. They bought a trainer set of ski’s for them. Deena could often be seen pulling them around the yard as she mowed. They got a Motor home so the Kids could travel with them as they did not want to miss a moment of their lives. When Michael was a Kid he would often come over and Hang out, often failing to notify either of 2 parents as to his whereabouts. He and their Dogs ultimately were not permitted to leave the yard. My late Grandmother adored the Mapples and after you read Micheals post shared on FB, you may understand one of the reasons as to why Andy was proud of him.

August 22 at 11:46 AM •

Today makes 3 years since my father passed away. I sat in my room last night trying to remember the last conversation we had and I can’t remember. All I know is I had dinner with him and the next day my life changed forever. Everyone knows him as a skier, however I believe he loved his bike more than skiing. This is one of my favorite pictures I took of him, he road his bike from his house in winter garden to our lake by the Florida mall to watch the younger kids on our team ski. I can honestly say a day doesn’t go by when he isn’t on my mind. I can honestly say I would give anything up that I have for at least one more conversation with him.

• Baller

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnFec6zgj6u/

The above on the BOS home page from CP...click on it to read the text CP wrote. Holy crap basically says Andy would regularly get his ski outside of 5 ball at 43...GOAT!

Great guy, too. I didn't know him well...just took some lessons. I had a very hard time with the passing of Andy Mapple. Just goes to show what a compelling individual he is to have that impact on someone who hardly knew him... my heart out to his family and close friends.