What does an honest guy do

spicoli

Well after being ignored for 2 yrs finally got my us gear handle and I went ahead and got a second one that I owe him for ,day after delivery he called me wanting my cc # and the new ones have went up 50 bucks he said but Web site price hasn't been changed I didn't answer phone and feel like waiting a while pay back is hell .o well I will probably. pay him but why should I pay 50 bucks more Web site says different.

• Administrators
No. People keep letting this guy screw them. And then every once in awhile he is great customer service for like 10 minutes. It's ridiculous. What I suggest you do is sign over the 50 bucks to me and then I'll give it back to you and you can go buy yourself a nice dinner.

• Baller

I would tell him that you are sending a check or an e-transfer for the advertised amount and that you have already called the credit card company and in no way will you honor any charges from him.

He will take the money, then you can move on with a clear conscience.

• Baller_

They are 180 now and he tells you that when you call and give him CC. Well worth it as it is a 2 for 1 cause it will our last and our perform any other handle. I just got 2 new a month back. Took 2 weeks to get the custom colors delivered and he tossed in a bunch of

Goodies. It is just like ordering from some other vendors on this forum that have issues.

Wells ms he must be your buddy because my service absolutely sucked hands down no way to run a biz ,do what you say and you'll be rewarded and as much as I like them it will never happen again and if I ran a biz took money for 2 yrs then tell me by text price is 50 bucks more well I should tell him I charge 50 bucks interst on my money I loaned him.I'm not a first time buyer and I got no goodies .thks for letting me vent I'm done on to better things like let's go skiing

• Baller_

That is a decision for all to make. I am not his buddy but I try to call him when I need product and at some point he calls me back and gets my card info and delivery info. I don’t wait for my handle to fail and always have a spare on hand if possible.

You had him on the phone, you should have scored. I just got 2 for me and 2 for my neighbor so we are set for many years. For me it is the old good things will come for those who wait.

• Administrators
@ms hey can you send me your mailing address? I want to send you an invoice for all of the back advertising money that I'm owed from U.S. Gear.

• Baller_

@gregy just call him a few times and leave a mesg. He will call back eventually and you can give him cc at that time. I get that people have issues but if expectations are that it is Amazon you won’t be happy. If you have the time it is IMO well worth it. If i waited 2 years I would be pissed but I guess I would resolve it much quicker and move onto ML and just forget that US gear exists

@ToddF then why would you ever consider US gear?

@Horton send it to me and I will get it smoothed our for you. Send along some of the Scotch from the people that have sent you cash and I will get it all done for you

• Administrators
@ms if someone stole $900 from you do you think I would tell everyone how great the the thief was or do you think I would stand behind you?

• Baller
I'm just saying if the handle was order over the phone and he didn't give you a price then I would assume the price was what was on the internet. Personally I'd probably pay the extra 50 and consider myself lucky to get a handle from them at all.

The first 1 was paid for on paypal at Internet price then 2 yrs later he's back I talk to him he says he'll shipi so I said send 2 while you're at it, he says the second 1 is 50 more but Internet is same bottom line I don't trust him no more I'm sure not giving up a cc # so check it is and my ski bud has also got several from him in the yrs past and next month will be 2 yrs for him and still no contact after he called .now I'm really done and going skiing .

• Baller
Masterline doesn't have them on their website anymore. I keep looking to see if they build more. The Masterline ERGO seems a little stickier grip but I sure like the way the US gear ones float. Masterline told me a few years ago they could restring either one.