WATCH THE 60th MASTERS LIVE!

Horton

• Administrators

dux3g4fby3uh.png

Pine Mountain, GA (May 22, 2019) – Waterski and wakeboard fans worldwide will have the opportunity to watch all of the action from the 60th Nautique Masters Water Ski & Wakeboard Tournament® presented by GM Marine Engine Technology LIVE via www.masterswaterski.com. Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, Georgia, will play host to the most prestigious event in all of watersports with coverage beginning Friday morning at 8:00am EDT and running throughout the entire weekend.

Read More

• Baller

@Drago they take the top 7 from 2018 final Elite ranking list for Masters, JT is 8th on that list, so should be in, but only if Nate is out...

http://www.iwsfranking.com/2018/2018MSEliteRankingDB.html

http://masterswaterski.com/2018-pro-masters-criteria-three-event-waterski/

Are the Masters is trying to pull strings to get the golden boy skiing on Robin Lake? ;)

• Administrators

I do not see how he will compete unless SafeSport drops the suspension or the event is not sanctioned by AWSA / USAWS / IWSF. Seems unlikely that it will be an unsanctioned event & as of today he is still listed as suspended.

The fact that he is still on the list is likely the result of some backroom posturing or politics. Likely we will never know the actual reason.

• Baller

Ugh, im familiar with the Elite list. It had a different name in my day, but basically its the athletes that can afford to fly all over the world. It has some justification in that it prevents someone from putting up giant scores skiing in their backyard , say in New Jersey or Utah or wherever.

If i were a gambling man, I wouldn't put money on Nate skiing.

• Administrators

Apparently people on site have seen running orders and Nate is not on it.

( from a reliable source but I haven't seen it with my own eyes )

• Baller
To be honest with all of you, in my opinion, Nate Smith should be skiing at the Masters! To the best of my knowledge he has not been found guilty of doing anything wrong. Actually if he is not allowed to ski it is " the result of some backroom posturing or politics".

• Baller
im not super into the wwf wrestling style announcing but i do give him credit for being dedicated to his craft. ive listened to a few of his podcasts..... just fastforward 10 min to get past the plugs.

• Baller
@richfoster, "than someone who doesn't know what's going on". That my main complaint about Dano. He doesn't know what's going on. When he makes a comment about someone on their "mono ski" I just cringe. What the ....?

• Baller

And for me it’s something about the pitch of his voice that makes me cringe.

Plus - I think his style of announcement is better suited with the wakeboard folks.

Makes me even more appreciative about @TonyLightfoot ‘s announcements at the Swiss tournament two weeks ago!

That was so nice to watch and listen to the commentary!

• Baller

I personally don’t care for announcing tricks like it was a wakeboard event. I don’t know the difference between a half cab and a roll to revert whereas I can easily follow Tyler’s descriptions.

That said what I noticed most about the commentary yesterday was that between every pass or skier it was Dano reading from one of the sponsor scripts. Sometimes all the way up to the point the slalom skier was at ball 2 or 3. I’m all for supporting the sponsors and the certainly deserve the recognition but I’d much rather watch their professionally prepared commercials than any commentator reading from a script. Play them between skiers and talk about skiing or the skier during their set.

I realize the webcast commentators are also the announcers on site so there is a place for reading the scripts and announcing the floating bounce house is open on the end of the lake but do that live/site specific announcing during the broadcast of the commercials on the webcast.

Sorry for the rant but listening for a few hours in the car yesterday was all I could take of an otherwise awesome webcast! Thanks to all those who work tirelessly to pull it off and each iteration is certainly better than the last!

• Baller
I had issues with freezing when the top three ladies hit the water. A bit annoying. Regardless of what you think of the announcing. The Masters does a great job streaming the event year in and year out. I’ve been watching it online since they started streaming it. It’s the best tournament of the year to watch.

• Baller
I Love that there is coverage but I have seriously wasted time waiting for jump. It’s been 3 hours since slalom ended, there was wake boarding in there but seriously I can’t say that watching the masters live coverage from home is the best way to spend Memorial Day weekend.