Anybody have the old Leverage overlays available?

jhughes

• Baller
I tried to switch to the new "Blackout" overlay on my D3 Leverage binding (previous overlay wore out) and it is different enough to have caused a systematic failure in my ability to ski the course, I'm barely making my opener mid-season which is really depressing. The new material is many times softer and lower on the ankle so the binding feels like a slipper, zero support. Wish I would have known that before ordering the overlay, it's night and day.

• Baller
I have a friend that I setup his skis that has a stash of laced Leverages, some still new but all the overlays are toasted and then we found some that where sitting on a store shelf for years. They didn’t last either. Saying that if you find stock they would probably be sitting on the shelf for years, they won’t last. Tried the black out overlays, to soft and moved to T-Factors and now love them and saying that he should have changed years ago.

• Baller
@jhughes I think you should give the t-factor another try. After all the only difference is the overlay and the instep rubber piece and is laterally stiffer than the Leverage with the new overlay. Ok I know the t-factor overlay makes it a totally different boot but think about it as very similar to the old Leverage.

• Baller

The Leverage Blackouts are garbage. I put the old leverage overlays on them, and they are working now, but I messed up by right ankle and foot on the blackouts. Not enough upper ankle support. They need to bring back the old leverage overlays..