Nautique 200 (2019 and later)

blagrata

• Baller

Now that the boat has been out a year or so... what's everyone's review on the boat? Things I'm particularly interested in...

1) Is the wake the same as the Nautique 200 (original up until 2018)? Any perceptible difference in skiing it or driving it (particularly for 15 off or 26 through 32 mph)?

2) As it should be very similar to the predecessor with supposedly the same hull... and possibly a similar weight... would there be any advantage to this boat vs an open bow nautique 200 from 2017 or 2018? (I understand there are a couple cosmetic differences.. like the saddle bags).

3) Does anyone have one with the tower? Any issues with the tower? I'm by no means a short line skier... but would the position of the tower affect someone who is skiing 38 or 39 off?

Thanks for your thoughts... just pondering the next boat...

• Baller

Had one since spring, wake is different, and better, hull is not the same, not quite as planted but it's a very minimal difference. Interior immensely better, dash is epic, definite improvement over the 'old' 200 and worth ever penny I spent and no.issues whatsoever

r0ni1g1dvah3.jpg

My personal experience skiing behind it and driving it: It yaws to the right drastically through the course. I’m at least a full pass down skiing behind it because the boat “centers” left.

Through the course the nose points to 12:30, the left rear corner is at 7. Crazy.

We’ve tried moving rudder tab, weights. Etc.

presently at the dealer getting stuff fixed. I’ve had 7 200’s. I was initially going to order this boat. Thank god I didn’t.

• Baller_

I agree with what @jayski says.

@swc5150, in addition to changes in weight distribution from the removal of the saddlebag storage and the layout of the open bow/walkthrough, it looks like they moved the tracking fins back a bit. This probably changed the handling slightly. It still tracks extremely well and, as mentioned, the wake is better than the previous 200.

As far as issues, we had a bad relay that was causing some stalling and the seat sides pop off a lot. Other than that, no complaints.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
@MISkier interesting they would move the fins, considering how great the old 200 drove/tracked. I got to see one of these in person in Orlando, but didn't drive or ski it. I sure like the dash and interior layout to the previous version. Maybe the 2020's will be more dialed in overall?

Doesn’t make sense to buy a 2019 200. Same hull. You won’t find it at many if any tournaments. SeaDek and no engine upholstery makes the interior extremely loud and some drivers are now wearing earplugs when they drive the boat. All you get is a fancy screen that you end up paying $40,000 extra for.

Basically it’s a 2010-2018 hull. Unless you want electronic shift or a DI motor save money and buy a 2010-2014 200 and get the same bang for a lot less buck. Easily $35k-40k vice $70k+

• Baller
The boat appeals to me. I prefer seadek to carpet, no saddle bags, 6.0 is fine with me, new screen is awesome, proven hull, and I don't ski tournaments so no worries about that. It actually reminds of my previous Prostar in many ways, but I've always preferred the way the 200 drives. If I was in the market for a new boat, it would likely be this one.

• Baller

@Golson my new 200 has pulled the 2 tournaments at my place and a round up in Oklahoma, PB's set behind it and not one bad comment about it from skiers or drivers.

We can all choose used previous year boats from every brand, but there is a difference between the new 200 and the old one, until you get to drive and ski one (and more than once) the improvements and benefits are easily visible, arm chair critiques carry little weight. Having a MC promo last year and seeing, driving and skiing the new Malibus I will put up the 200 against any of them. NONE of them have the fit and finish of a Nautique, the care to detail and performance is incomparable and the improvements to dash, layout, drivers ergos, seating is much better than the previous 200, as I said earlier WORTH EVERY PENNY.

• Baller

Thanks for your thoughts. As usual there seems to be a several different (passionate ) opinions. I look forward to skiing and driving one. I really like how the 200's ski and drive... and if the wake is even better on this one... I'm intrigued. It's a nice looking boat on their website. The engine and the screen sound good. It does seem like maybe a starboard ski rack would be nice. Glad to see the manufacturers are still making new stuff. New stuff is always fun.

And @Golfguy ... I have considered a Prostar.... I currently own one. :)