HO Syndicate

davethewave

• Baller
@Horton why wouldn't 25 year old bindings fit a modern ski? Yes they will probably not match the inserts in the ski but they could get screwed in just like they did 25 years ago, probably best to use epoxy in the screw holes but none the less totally feasible. In reality it was way less than 25 years ago when one could screw bindings onto Goode skis as they didn't have inserts. :smile:

• Administrators
@SkiJay modern skis do not have structure to hold screws. Old skis were built with the intention that they would be screwed in to. I strongly discourage screwing into a modern ski.

• Baller

If you really must use the Extremes, a plate from a newer HO binding like the Animal is a direct fit. Just swap the plates and you can use your boots on any modern ski. Picture is an example of a HO Extreme boot with an Animal plate on a fairy new radar skindg07nfat6yx.jpeg

• Baller
I love the HO 95 bindings on my old Extreme. I just upgraded to a ‘19 Senate Lithium this month and was looking forward to slapping those bindings on my new ski. No such luck. I caved and bought a set of Wiley’s high wraps, which do fit the newer skis. Not looking forward to breaking them in though.

lol..I understood what he was sayin'...but the Panda did crack me up!

Yes,the Sanger in my Avitar is my ski boat! So, you won't see me at the course.But skiing really hard behind a 600 HP flattie is my recreational fix.

I'm looking to buy A new ski to improve upon.I'm trying to keep it under $500 because the boat is kinda tough on skiis,mainly due to the heat off the pipes. Thanks for your help. Might go to Orwood today!

• Baller

@lpskier - I prefer your turning a noun into a verb over turning a verb into a noun and then having to add an unnecessary verb to make the sentence work. All day I read things like "performed an excavation" and then I edit to "excavated".

This is so awesome - our first writing thread. Great. Now I've turned BOS into the same thing as my work. F'ing fantastic.