2020 GOODE Nationals @ Tri-Lakes

Broussard

• Baller

4ty36s9yc9ja.jpg

The Tri-Lakes Ski Team is ready to welcome everyone to the great state of Louisiana for the 2020 GOODE Water Ski National Championships.

Laissez les bons temps rouler,

Andre Broussard

National Tournament Director

Tri-Lakes Ski Team

• Baller
Awesome site and incredible crew working tirelessly! Thank you organizers, Bennetts looks amazing and no details were missed! ?? Really appreciate you hosting this huge event with such a big turnout on short notice! I think having 2 lakes side by side is really something special, especially to watch multiple divisions!

• Baller

Pulling in to the site at 7:15 AM, we drove by motor homes, rv's campsites etc we quit counting at 40.

Ms. Scoke turns to me and says "this is what nationals is about."

Pretty darn cool site and support.

• Baller

As I reflect on the conclusion of the 2020 GOODE National Water Ski Championships I have to remind myself that sometimes things don’t go as planned, but that’s okay.

Two months ago I would have never imagined myself being the director of the largest 3-event water ski tournament in the world, but when you put your heart and soul into something the possibilities are endless.

Thanks to everyone that helped me along the way. This event wouldn’t have been possible without the help of the Tri-Lakes Ski Team and the Bennett’s staff.

I hope everyone enjoyed their stay in the Sportsman's Paradise and I hope to see you at Tri-Lakes again some time.

gkpfa1abqgzu.jpg

• Baller

@Broussard THANK YOU! You guys killed it. The Tri-Lakes & Bennett's team put on an amazing event in just a few months. The officials did an outstanding job. I know there are always human errors but everyone was there to make sure they got it right for the skiers.

As a skier that always skis on the last day of a 5 day event we usually don't get the warmest welcome. Most people are ready to get out of the heat and get home. I can say this was the most relaxed and positive officials staff I have seen at a Nationals. I think that really shows how well the Bennetts staff took care of everyone.

I know that there is so much that goes into an event like this and a lot goes on behind the scenes from people we will never know about. To them it is usually a thankless job. THANK YOU!

I had a blast and the site was amazing! I will be back for sure!

• Baller

@pregom That would be great, but it seems unlikely.

The AWSA Nationals were held in Virginia in 1973 and in Massachusetts in 1964.

The event is quite an undertaking and pretty much requires a multi-lake facility to run the tournament.

2020 - Tri-Lakes (2 tournament lakes)

2019 - Okeeheelee Park (5 lakes)

2018 - Mystic Lakes (3 lakes)

2017 - San Marcos River Ranch (4 lakes)

2016 - Broadside Harbor (2 lakes?)

2015 - Okeeheelee Park (5 lakes)

2014 - San Marcos River Ranch (4 lakes)

I am unfamiliar with the ski scene in the northeast and am not sure how many multi-lake sites exist up that way.

Then when you look for sites that are both willing and able to host the event…

That being said, if someone wants to host up that way I will be glad to come ski the event!