Wondering If I Think Too Much About Skiing

Rednucleus

• Baller_
Good eve - this past weekend I went into our bedroom, lights were out, and my wife's alarm clock displayed "BOS"in large blue letters. I stared at it for a minute, wondering if I was being influenced by the lovely Manhattan I had just finished. Then it changed over to "806" and I realized I might have a problem.

• Baller
@Rednucleus never really thought about the clock as I am in bed by 7:30pm during the week so I can make it up for work at 1:00am☹️ But every time I pass by a lake I think about what it would be like to ski on it? also checking this site multiple times daily has been habit forming. I blame you for introducing me to this forum? thanks. What a great sport!

• Baller
@Rednucleus I got to thinking about your problem more and was surprised that you had any digital clocks in the house at all being that you are such an old school guy. I thought they would all be analog types with your alarm clocks the wind up variety ? I guess I don’t know you as good as I thought I did. What next are you going to ditch the drysuit in cold water and not use the boat heater during the summer months at Bow? ? wonders never cease

• Baller_
You know there is an addiction when you constantly look up at the trees to see how much the wind is blowing, check sites like 'wind' and constantly look at weather sites planning when the optimum time will be for today's set, pull up gas buddy to scheme cheap gas for the boat -and- put more gas in the boat than in your car.

• Baller

Google earth...find the lakes n gravel pits n measure em.

As for wind we had 4 courses within 10”, each with different best wind conditions and all with a boat on-site. Should we ski Ripley? One of the 2 swamp courses? Dunn’s? We skied a lot of glass even in big winds.

• Baller

Hey everyone!

You seem to be exactly the people we're looking for!

To get more information about the water skiing community as part of a student project, our group designed a survey.

So if you have 2 minutes to spare to help us out, please follow this link:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=j7xkdTg3TUu9V1oCymIV-2ZywakiqnNNsOBF_g47tN5UMk40WlBIOFlUNTFMVk0wRVJEWE5aSjFURyQlQCN0PWcu

I also created a discussion with a little bit more information :)

https://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/25001/questionnaire-student-project-research

Keep being excited and prepared for the next season! ?

• Baller

This building always got me excited while driving down the PA NE Extension on the way to Dividing Creek to ski, wondering what could this company possibly do? I need to work in that building! Yeah - I'm a tricker

9eqny364rb4i.jpg

It was probably a dozen trips until I noticed the building next door... ONE.