IWWF World Championships

Horton

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

The World's at Sunset Lakes is about a month away now.

I'm looking forward to the Men's Overall competition. The overall world record has been increased a few times this year and there are some really strong contenders.

Will Regina be healed up enough to compete?

Will defending champs Joel Howley and Jacenta Carroll make it out of Australia to defend their titles?

Will 41 off be run?

Will Ryan Dodd be recovered to compete?

So many story lines and this is the first World Championships in the US at a premium site in a while!

• Baller

Athletes that have been selected to the 2021 U.S. Elite Water Ski Team are (alphabetical order): Brooke Baldwin (Winter Garden, Fla.,), Taylor Garcia (Winter Garden, Fla.), Anna Gay (Winter Garden, Fla.), Freddy Krueger (Winter Garden, Fla.), Erika Lang (Gilbert, Ariz.) and Nate Smith (McCordsville, Ind.).

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Water-Ski/News/2021/September/15/Six-Athletes-Selected-To-US-Elite-Water-Ski-Team

• Baller
@BG1 Yes, as @MattP answered that question a couple of posts above yours…The lower the number, the higher the seeds. The running orders are random within each series, for the skiers in the series, during the preliminary round.

• Baller
Weird how many of these skiers live, train, own homes, and work in the US but ski for a different country. I would also bet some of these skiers have not set foot in the country their skiing for in years. Doesn’t matter to me, just seems strange.

• Baller
@skierjp I would not ski for Scotland as I hope they would have a better skiers than I am !! But as an aside, been skiing since mid 90s and I have never skied in Scotland, will get to do that one day.

• Baller_
Well, not to speak for @skierjp, but he may be referring to the several US born- dual citizen athletes skiing for Canada, which account for three members of their team and a fourth skiing as an individual. One member of the Canadian team is eligible to ski for three different countries. And all I have to sort out which region I ski in…

Lpskier

• Baller
Is it one round best score gets to the finals? What about ties? Suppose a skier from group 4 through 7 throws up a big score? How many make it to the finals? Sorry for all those questions, is there a place that explains all of this? My questions are regarding slalom.