Slalom ski gloves of choice?

Kevin364

Been bouncing around a number of slalom gloves recently, and want to land on a preferred product. Had the Connelly kelvar, and really liked them, but can't find them anywhere. Switched to HO 41 tail, and not a fan, as Velcro doesn't hold, and seems a "callous maker" as it is too loose in the lower finger /palm area.

What do you use for slaloming, and what's your feedback on your gloves???

• Baller

Stealth Kevlar by Ryan Dodd. I wear smalls. I can not get them on dry. Get them wet and first and they fit perfect. My hands have never been happier and I no longer wear liners. My last pair I wore all of last season and I just got my new pair out now. I ski March-November probably average 4-6 sets per week.

https://www.perfski.com/stealth-kevlar-gloves-by-ryan-dodd.html

• Baller
Timely post for me as my last pair of red and black 41 tail gloves is falling apart. I bought what I could find to stock up. Those gloves fit like they used my hand to make them. Anyone else love the red and black's from some years ago and what did you switch to that replicated the fit? Thanks

• Baller

tail wind 41 first red, then yellow, now using the blk best gloves for me. never any blisters.

ski 5 plus set a week.

the only other glove that works well for me is the stealth

big hands squeeze into a medium, have to get wet to get them on.

• Baller
Radar Boa K inside out, simply the best gloves. I used to go thru 2 pair of gloves a season - 41 tails were my go to. These gloves last 2 seasons, and they are comfortable and the boa is awesome to tighten them up after they stretch a little on the first pass.

• Baller

@Kevin364 you just opened up the door to soooo many opinions and recommendations you will be even more confused. Gloves are personal on how you want them to fit and grip. My hand is not the same as your or any others. A MED will not fit the same on two people. If you have the opportunity to try some on I would do that. Or roll the dice and order what you think will work the best to you.

Not being sarcastic but good luck.

• Baller
@Kevin364 agree- Connelly Claw 3 - Kevlar. Best I’ve ever used, and wear very well compared to prior gen Claws. They’re available - just have to look around. Interested to look into the Stealth Kevlar’s mentioned. Not a fan of the inside out craze- way too bulky with all the excess material.

• Baller

I really like the Masterline K-Palm Curves. Very tight fitting but stretch just enough when they're wet to get your fingers into them. The palms and fingers are completely covered with Aramid so they give you great grip and they're extremely durable, resistant to wear and long lasting.

For me, the fit is perfect with those gloves. I don't think I could find another glove that could fit my hands more perfectly. Your mileage may vary.

https://perfski.com/masterline-k-palm-curves-gloves.html

• Baller

@dave2ball hit the nail on the head. I'll go further and say you need to ski them, not just put them on. If you want the best for you plan on trying most of the recommendations posted here untill you find your favs.

MN for me. Can't go wrong for $50 bucks. Used to do ML K-palm kevlar with liners. Too much stuff in your palm with that setup IMO.

• Baller

I have tried a number of gloves and the best ones fit tight. I was using amara for a few years but have gone back to kevlar, 41 tail.

I have a pair of Connelly claw 3.0 (black and yellow) kevlar grip that didn't fit me great. I use small 41 tail. Have maybe 5 sets on them. Size medium. Happy to send to someone for $20 + shipping.

• Baller
I’ve got to add D3s gloves in the discussion. I have skied with Masterline and Ryan’s Dodds gloves this year and went right back to the D3 Kevlar. I’d some type of crazy wrench with my Masterline handle and those are the only gloves that will hold up to it. I do wear Masterline’s black at suit type material under them. 32 off to 35 max at 32.3 skier

• Baller

@MrJones Rossi Pro Model... Ya I'm old too. Changed to 41tail when Rossi went to radar. I had the black and white 41s and still use a red/black pair for Tournament sets.

I also still have a similar version of those RPM in my bin, the Accurate "camoto" I believe they're called They were moto style goves with little pads on the back side of the fingers similar to motoX gloves and nubs on the finger tips like the RPM with a snap buckle over the back of the palm. So good.

• Baller

HO World Cup Mens Blue / Womens Red (previously Accurate) mid 2000’s to ~2019. Great fit, grip, comfort and warmth on chilly New England days. The palms were lined front and back with a thin layer of neoprene under an amara palm. HO @savaiusini if possible please bring these back.

• Baller
Switched to Stealth gloves more than a year ago because the other gloves I was using kept on falling apart in a couple of months. Been using the same pair of Stealth gloves now for over a year and the do not even show signs of wear yet. The way it is going the velcro strap is probably going to go before the rest of the gloves.