Man down

lpskier

• Baller_

Terry Turner, a Michigan skier, TC and Pan Am judge, and now an Orlando resident and club member at LaPoint Ski Park, suffered a nasty stroke this past week. This is his second, and he worked so hard to recover from the first. He was finally running consistently into 13/52 (-32/32 mph for you non-Florida skiers ;-)) and threatening to run the whole pass. Now it looks like it will be quite some time before he gets wet again with a long row of rehab to hoe.

If you know Terry (or if you don’t) and want to send a note, post here and I’ll make sure he has someone read your message. If you have his phone number, you can text or (after 5:00 pm) Face Time him. He can’t speak yet but he understands completely and can communicate with nods and smiles. The communication really helps his spirits.

If you know Terry and would like more info, call or pm me.

Thanks.

Lpskier

• Baller
I met Terrry this spring when I was down at LaPoint ski park skiing with my young daughter. He and his wife were extremely kind and I was absolutely amazed at his resilience and incredible perseverance to ski after his first stroke. Amazing person and skier. Please pass along our thoughts and prayers to him from Brad and Elsa from Utah. You got this Terry!! See you on the water this spring.

• Baller
I’ve known Terry for years, being a Midwest “neighbor”. (I’m in Indiana.) Nice guy, and very big contributor to tournaments. Sending you healing vibes, and prayers Terry, for a full recovery!

• Baller_

In addition to many years as a skier, driver, and judge, Terry was the Pan Am judge for several Michigan L/R tournaments over the years and even traveled back here to fill that role a couple of times. Definitely a contributor to water skiing.

He was also the boat judge when I was driving a tournament about 6 years ago and a handle pop from the skier put the rope around my neck. He reacted superfast to grab at that rope before it tightened and try to deflect back up and away. While I reacted fairly quickly to get the boat into neutral, his reaction really kept the rope from making too much contact at all. I didn't have a scratch and was thankful for that assistance.

Get well soon.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
sorry to hear this @lpskier Didn't know Terry had such a resume in officiating, wow! He was kind enough to great me at LaPoint ski park with some pulls last year and gave me some tips on hand taping for Canadians! I was looking forward to skiing with him again this fall - hopefully he is on the mend by then. Get well soon Terry and back on the water!!!

• Baller
Back when I was chasing ratings I would bump into Terry at Pelican or any of the other SE Michigan tournaments, because he was always there. Super nice guy. Bummer to hear. Hope he has a full recovery so he can get back on the water soon.

• Baller
Terry, Got your old rope from Brie. I am using it to modify our sinkable course as "rope handles" for each Buoy arm. It is working. You are a fighter, really praying for you and look forward to hanging with you next spring. I tore my rotator cuff and out for the season too but will be back to see y'all in Orlando soon. Heal up my man. Chris Carter

• Baller
Terry......May the GOD LORD be with you and with help from the doctors family friends and rehab I hope you are back on the skis soon.I am sure you are a special person to many people and certainly a great person for the sport of waterskiing.Take care and we are all thinking of you......