NAUTIQUE BOATS WELCOMES REGINA JAQUESS TO TEAM NAUTIQUE

• Administrators

67f2f978-fb6e-8d2c-a9cf-6ca4b6b5028c.jpg

NAUTIQUE BOATS WELCOMES REGINA JAQUESS TO TEAM

ORLANDO, FL (April 15, 2024) – Nautique is thrilled to introduce the current women’s slalom world record holder, Regina Jauqess, as the newest member of the Nautique team. Regina's extraordinary talents and achievements behind the boat throughout her career have established her as one of the most dominant and decorated athletes in the world of women's three-event waterskiing. 

“Being in and around the water has been a major part of my life. My parents were competitive skiers and my dad was a Nautique promo boat owner for 17 years, so I grew up learning to ski with the best boat on the planet. I quickly learned what a great community water skiers are and consider all of my ski friends part of our family,” said Team Nautique athlete Regina Jaquess. “Training at Sunset Lakes at an early age allowed me to continue training behind the Ski Nautique, which allowed me to set 21 AWSA National Records in slalom and tricks, even before I started my journey in international competition.  I am convinced that having the opportunity to align with a company that is true to its water ski heritage will help me excel on the water and make it easier to catch that elusive 6 ball at 10.25m and go beyond into territory no other female water skier has ever ventured. I am incredibly honored and excited to represent the Nautique brand that has had such a profound impact on my ski career. I look forward to competing for many more years and being able to ski behind the #1 towboat in the world every day, the Ski Nautique. It’s a dream come true!”

Outside of her accomplishments on the water, one of Regina’s passions is to give back to the sport she loves. Additionally, she brings an encouraging personality and level of professionalism that exudes high moral standards, and her love for being on the water makes her a perfect fit for joining the Nautique brand. Regina has dedicated her life to becoming one of the world’s most decorated women’s waterskiers, a multi-time world record holder and is a practicing Doctor of Pharmacy. 

“I am excited to welcome Regina Jacquess to the Nautique team heading into the 2024 season,” said Nautique President Greg Meloon. “Throughout her career, Regina has set new expectations and inspired the waterski community. We are looking forward to her next level of performance behind the Ski Nautique!”

• Like 3

• Baller

Been a Nautique owner for 23 years and love all three of them. Wondered for a long time why Nautique hadn’t pursued and signed Regina years ago. Should be very interesting to see tournaments with Whit and Regina battling it out being teammates. Congrats Regina and Nautique. 

• Administrators

A) it is sad that elite skiers have to think about what boat they are skiing behind when they break a record

B) Regina may very well increase the record but it is not as if she has not been trying to run 41 for years.

• Like 1

• Baller

@Horton I do t believe the TXI held her back but the lack the availability of TXI’s involvement in record tournaments.  Even regionals and nationals there was only a 33% chance she drew a TXI.  With the TXI out of the picture it would make more sense that both MC and nautique create one account for a new world record pay out. 

• Administrators

@dave2ball

what about all those L & R events at Corey's or Lyman Land? I understand the argument that she will have more opportunities now, but I question the idea that she really didn't have an opportunity before.

• Like 1

• Baller
2 hours ago, Drago said:

I think she will have more opportunities behind the Nautique

edit-as @vtmecheng said

As someone who has driven RJ probably more than anyone, opportunities involve way more than the boat such as the lake the driver and then the boat

• Like 3

• Baller

No one has said Reg hasn’t been trying to run a new WR every chance she gets. I don’t think anyone has even hinted at the  TXI holding her back. As @LLUSA just said about opportunities, I think we are all just excited about those opportunities coming more often, on more tournaments/lakes, with more drivers (ex. Someone mentioned BL). 
it’s excitement guys

• Baller

@Horton No too sure if Corey’s is Nautique   I believe it is.  Really don’t know  how many L&R events LLUSA holds.    Other than of Florida  and maybe LLUSA I don’t see many L&R tournaments In the south. In fairness I really have not looked too hard outside of Florida.  

• Baller

https://www.usawaterski.org/rankings/view-scores_usa.asp?NSL=&sMemberID=100000047&EventSelected=S&pvar=ByMember

In looking at her scores in the last year, other than Malibu Open and Regina Jaquess Open (at Lymanland), it sure seems like her Malibu-pulled opportunities were limited (in comparison to MC and SN events).  And last year was even somewhat an anomaly as I seem to recall OW drew Malibu at nationals, hence (I seem to recall) she skied Malibu at the FL States and Southern Regionals.  

• Baller
30 minutes ago, kmenard said:

I wonder what the major sport equivalent of this would be... Probably not Brady to Tampa...but...

I’d say only Ron Scarpa to Malibu is on par with this change. 

• Baller
12 hours ago, LLUSA said:

As someone who has driven RJ probably more than anyone, opportunities involve way more than the boat such as the lake the driver and then the boat

Yes, exactly.

• Baller
3 hours ago, buechsr said:

https://www.usawaterski.org/rankings/view-scores_usa.asp?NSL=&sMemberID=100000047&EventSelected=S&pvar=ByMember

In looking at her scores in the last year, other than Malibu Open and Regina Jaquess Open (at Lymanland), it sure seems like her Malibu-pulled opportunities were limited (in comparison to MC and SN events).  And last year was even somewhat an anomaly as I seem to recall OW drew Malibu at nationals, hence (I seem to recall) she skied Malibu at the FL States and Southern Regionals.  

She skied Ski Nautique at Regionals I drove her at Regionals and Nationals

• Like 1

• Baller
16 minutes ago, LLUSA said:

She skied Ski Nautique at Regionals I drove her at Regionals and Nationals

👍

All the more impressive year for her given she got bu in what appears to be just a handful of rounds all year.  That’s not at all to suggest that she was not always giving it her absolute best behind another brand, but no doubt there is a comfort level for anyone skiing behind their training boat.

Personally, this change seems to make total sense for all involved.  

• Baller

TXi will continue as mentioned before. Malibu never been that big supporting athletes preferring to sell boats there way. I wouldn't write off a company as big as Malibu even with their Tommy's issue . If Malibu did ever pull out it won't help the sport for sure. 

• Like 1

• Baller_
8 hours ago, buechsr said:

I’d say only Ron Scarpa to Malibu is on par with this change. 

yes the Scarpa Deal.

was not so much Scarpa wanted to go to another company , he did not have the same equipment that was being utilized in competition. The "V"-Drive Barefoot boat was a dog all the way around, it stayed on the trailer more then it was being utilized in competition. CC dropped the model around the time the perfect pocket skiboat was introduced (176). CC kept Ron on for quite a few years but being Ron had by then acquired a relationship with malibu he asked permission to not renew and signed on with malibu. Ron did keep the 176 for his ski school though, one of the few GT-40/11A combinations..

• Baller
2 minutes ago, Jody_Seal said:

yes the Scarpa Deal.

was not so much Scarpa wanted to go to another company , he did not have the same equipment that was being utilized in competition. The "V"-Drive Barefoot boat was a dog all the way around, it stayed on the trailer more then it was being utilized in competition. CC dropped the model around the time the perfect pocket skiboat was introduced (176). CC kept Ron on for quite a few years but being Ron had by then acquired a relationship with malibu he asked permission to not renew and signed on with malibu. Ron did keep the 176 for his ski school though, one of the few GT-40/11A combinations..

I always thought a lot of correct craft when they ran ads saying goodbye and thank you to Ron.  15 world titles I do believe.

Think Malibu will run any thanking RJ?

• Baller_
Posted (edited)

If one talks major sport Lewis Hamilton to Ferrari, although sadly pro skiing just slightly misses justifying a $50 million / year contract.

Edited by DW

• Baller

I agree with @Horton's point above that it's a shame that elite skiers who have a chance at a record, have to consider whether they are behind their sponsor's boat or not.  Jacinta Carroll broke that unspoken rule, set a world record behind a Mastercraft and Nautique cut her sponsorship (seemingly for setting a world record behind a competitor boat).  Would Nautique do that to Regina if she sets a record behind a Mastercraft too?  It would be a shame if she gets a great start at -41 behind a Mastercraft at an event and have to throw the handle at 5 ball instead of going for all 6 to keep in good graces.

• Baller

I believe if Regina is in position to run 41 behind ANY boat, she's going to do it.  Some things are more important, and that chance at history may only come a few times. Congrats!

• Like 6