SLINES S series

• Baller_

I have about 10 sets on it and it feels great. After a quick stretch behind the truck @Mrs_MS tried it out. She could not tell the difference from the X.  It measured up perfect. From my first set, I thought it had the perfect amount of give and you dont feel rebound. 
Nice rope @Sedge

• Like 8

• Baller

This is weird and awkard. Fortunately on Amazon, they show great reviews then the not-great reviews.

My review: ordered an X-series line on sale from S-Lines as it was supposed to be similar to the "black rope" I typically ski.  It was on sale, great customer service and quick shipping for a total of $87. 

I stretched it pre-ski then took 4 sets on it while Msscoke skied a set on it. She didn't ski that great and didn't say much. 

My buoy count was down about 4 buoys as the rope was way too stretchy. It was rough. 

Went back to my black rope, back to baseline. Thought maybe it was my rope so I tried another skiers X-series rope that has been skied. Same exact results as too much delay on the rope. Not a good thing. Msscoke spoke up later and said the rope didn't feel good and was too bouncy, springy and spongy. 

That rope, if you are a bigger guy (more then 180 lbs) you probably will end up skiing with bad habits. It's almost like simulating a ski that is too narrow. You'll get too deep out of the buoy, too delayed on the swing etc. 

Buyer beware.

I ordered 2 new ML black ropes last week and am already skiing on them.

Also, X-series rope for sale. Has a total of 5 sets on it. $13 or ship me a 6 pack of voodo ranger IPA and you pay shipping on the rope.

OR i am going to throw it in the trash. 

Similar in nature to the this thread and post on September 8, 2022.

• Baller

I think its not crazy to try a different ZO setting...   The softer the rope, the longer the delay is before ZO "feels" you load the boat.  So if your skiing an A setting then maybe try a C-setting.   OR if your on a C, then try a Plus setting.  Or go from 1 to 2, or 2 to 3.  

When original optimized ropes came out I couldnt run a pass on C2, but could manage on C3 and A3+.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Baller
1 hour ago, scoke said:

Also, X-series rope for sale. Has a total of 5 sets on it. $13 or ship me a 6 pack of voodo ranger IPA and you pay shipping on the rope.

OR i am going to throw it in the trash. 

Similar in nature to the this thread and post on September 8, 2022.

I'd like to buy the X Series, I really like mine. Sending you PM. 

• Baller

@scoke  I don't think you gave the X-Series a long enough "college try".  I bought a comp series last year and also an X-Series.  I liked the X-Series more and I did pre-stretch both ropes.  All ropes seem to take at least 8 sets to feel "good" regardless how much they are pre-stretched IMO.   We will put 4+ times more load on the rope when skiing verses pre-stretching unless you are using a vehicle or winch to load the rope.

• Baller

I have been using the optimized due to my elbows for a couple of years. I took a set on the new X series that I gave my son. It was just one set but I really liked the improved connection and swing through the second whitewash. I'll have to dig out the new S series I bought as well. Nice work, Scott.

• Like 2

• Baller

I feel like it would be helpful to see what speeds and line lengths, body weight and water temps people are at using the different ropes and where they like them and where they don't.  There has to be some correlation that can help educate us all a little better.  

Greg Badal rode in the boat for my practice set at LCQ wed night. First comment he made getting out of the boat was "I can see why you don't like soft ropes". Lol.. That being said, I do recognize the importance of different ropes for different types of skiers.  It would be helpful if we had more clear understanding and better data-set of the type of skiers that prefer the softer rope.  No different then a ski sizing chart.  

I bet with a simple load test we can produce a rough "K" factor for different ropes and get better knowing what ropes might be ideal for what skiers. I just feel like were all out here guessing with whats right.  

• Like 8

• Baller

"I feel like it would be helpful to see what speeds and line lengths, body weight and water temps people are at using the different ropes and where they like them and where they don't.  There has to be some correlation that can help educate us all a little better. "

Completely agree as it's detrimantal to the data without having perspectives of skiers on the rope feedback. It's just not the same. Free skier or a fifteen off skier at 30 mph stating how great the rope is. YEAH YOU GOTTA GET ONE OF THESE!

It would correlate to the hilarity and mockery if someone was hyping a ski hard to the point of they have 14 posts in a thread about how great a ski is meanwhile they typically free ski behind hand driving and occassaionally an outboard. If a rope or ski manufactuer has that as their best hype man while everyone else who uses the ropes or that ski brand hides, that certainly makes the rope manufacturer or ski manufacturer look like a joke.  

• Like 2

• Baller

That's not the manufacturer's doing. If you aren't inquisitive enough to check your source before you adjust your fin, schmear at centerline, or buy a $200 rope, that's on you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators

@scoke

In a perfect world, this forum and the whole internet would be a meritocracy.

Sadly everyone has an opinion and some have knowledge. 

2 hours ago, Drago said:

schmear at centerline

The Panda's name is Schmear.

tumblr_inline_mg6n5ltl6X1rxe4lt540.gif

• Administrators

@Wish

just because nobody will use a term correctly, doesn't mean it should be banned. 

In a state drift, the ski does not change where it is pointing in relation to the skiers path. The ski is essentially pointing in the direction of travel but drifts in the direction of the pylon. The faster the skier is moving around the pylon the less the ski drifts at centerline. This happens from hookup to centerline.  ( 4 wheel drift )

In a state of smear or schmear the tail of the ski is rotating outside the path of the skier's feet and the tip of the ski is pointing inside the path of the skier. This happens from edge change to hookup. ( Oversteer) 

How the ski slides from the second wake to the ball is NOT the same as how it slides from hookup to centerline. Understanding the difference makes a difference if you want to talk intelligently about this stuff.