Ski Photos that just make you happy

Horton

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This 8 year old makes me prouder than I can express. This year he's gone from trainer skis to deep water starts and playing in the mini course. He's talking about Nate Smith all the time and he's proud that the guy who built Nates lake had a hand in building the lake where we ski. @krlee that nautique is getting a workout this summer hsvmvl8f04d9.jpg

• Baller

http://www.skiclubofthepalmbeaches.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/1983_okee_0016_okee.jpg

What I thought was going to be a sad day heading back north after the past week at Okeeheelee turned into a happy one due to some old pictures. I was checking out the ski club's web site this morning before heading out for the last set. On the photos page I see.... A picture of MY old American Skier! After reminiscing for the past week with my old friend Jim Mandolos about the good old days, these pictures appear from out of history from one of our first trips to Okee! This made my whole trip. Al Luck was the photographer since he's not in any pictures. There's Ken Mead, Bud Raley (probably about 10 years younger than Chet is now), and Schnitz. That's me with the trick ski and the half a slalom ball on my head - Al would have to get a picture of that for posterity.

Here's a link to all the pics:

skiclubofthepalmbeaches.com/gallery-category/photos/

edit: just looking over the photos again. I believe that's the McClintocks in a couple of those pictures... Joel, Jeff, and Judy. ... and I think that's Mike Ferraro with the green visor. Charlie Scalamandre is in the yellow t-shirt with the knee-high tube socks.

• Baller

Getting to be that time of year to look forward to next season, 56th Masters included.

Son may shoot me for posting this nine year old photo just uncovered from the 47th.

JB was his skiing hero and one of the reasons he still is stoked to ski, given the time.

JB_NG_47Masters.jpg

Of course that super-human slide around 5B for the win at the 48th was heroic!

48thJB_5ball_slide.jpg

Yes @eddie_roberts_jr‌, The Back Water on Lake Karapiro is a part of the Waikato river that runs from LakeTaupo in the central North Island. It is many many years since our club had an outboard boat. We now have a 2 season old SN200 with 630 hours and are waiting on its replacement to land in NZ any day.