radar impact vest deal

foxriverat

• Baller_
@foxriverat I forgot to say thank you for the post. Much appreciated. Shows how we middle classers can afford the sport by helping each other out like this. Seen it happen many time here on BOS. Another reason for BOS being the best.

Ordered a medium last night thinking that was what I had tried on at Miami ski nautique the other day. I checked this morning again since I was in the store and realized I needed a small since they stretch out. Came back home and quickly messaged the seller (Havasuwaterski) and within minutes they responded saying not to worry they were sending a small instead of medium. About 10 minutes after that I received a tracking number and the jacket is already in transit. Amazing service! Thanks @foxriverat for sharing a great deal with fellow ballers.

• Baller

@xrated - if you want a CGA vest then take a look at the Radar x-vest for impact protection. I love mine.

1/2 price if you can use a small ;)

http://www.wakehouse.com/products/radar-x-vest-life-jacket-small.html?gclid=CIWvpfTj2rsCFdEWMgod-z4AFg

Or $89 for a medium

http://www.waterskis.com/Closeout-Radar-X-CGA-Life-Vest-p/radar_xcga_closeout_vest.htm?gclid=CO3u4pTk2rsCFeYWMgodzxoA-w&gdftrk=gdfV22552_a_7c873_a_7c5126_a_7c

• Baller

This kind of describes what I mean better. If you're just buying the rope by itself w/out the handle, shouldn't it be 54' 10.5" long instead of 59' 10.5" since you would be adding a 5' section with the rope to make it a true 15' off of a 75' rope?

Or am I missing something here?

• Baller

The Radar Strada rope has nylon identification sleeves for rope sections from 15' off thru 41' off. The entire rope is the same color so the ID sleeves are useful.

@Stickman The switch section is attached between the 41' off section and the main tow line.

@dtm8119 I did not measure but it should have a nominal length of 55' not 60'.

I believe the new Radar rope is now called Vapor, hence the closeout on Strada rope.

• Baller_

Warning:.

After some unfortunate FedX issues, I finally got my Radar Vest. It is really nice. Way better then I expected. Nice job Radar!! That's the good news. The bad news is it doesn't fit. Not even close. I questioned a M when I was ordering so I had my wife measure my chest with a sawing tape measure. Right at 40". The add says 37-40" for a Medium. I likem snug so ordered it. It's not even close to fitting. Like 4" to get the zipper sides to touch...no over weight jokes please ;) So I thought I would post my findings. I have 1 day to get it returned for money back according to Ebay Policy (thank you FedX Grrrr!). Hopefully the gentleman on sales end will honor that. But if not, there will be an unused, brand spankn new M size vest on SIA.

• Baller_
Just spoke with the gentleman selling the vest. Very nice and very accommodating. I think I threw him off. I didn't purchase it with my Ebay account and did the purchase as an Ebay guest further complicating things. But he was very understanding and as said, accommodating. No problem with returning it. He was suppressed that there was a size chart on the Ebay page so that tells me it may be wrong and for me it was. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again. But I will go with my gut on sizing with any item off any add unless I see a manufacturers size chart link.

• Baller_
@GroovyGrant. He did not have any larges even when he ran the add. It seems it was old stock of only S and M sizes (all new and NICE!!) . Thinkn the size chart was a mistake. His phone number should be on the box it was shipped in as part of the shipping label. I am going to respect his business and not post that here. But, it should be on the box.

• Baller
With the X-vest I have, you do have to pull it together to get it to zip. A tight fit is the whole idea of something designed to protect you from impact. As for unzipping, does your vest have the little Velcro tab at the top of the zipper that keeps it from going down?

• Baller
Let me add a good word about the gentleman selling the vests. I purchase two vests size M (thank you @foxriverat for the heads up). good fit for me and my son (both in the 145-150 range). younger son might fit in a Small. Called gentleman and he was very pleasant, is sending me a Small and allowing me to return it or one of the Medium if i so choose...lastly the vests are very nice and brand new.

@wish - and anyone else on the fence for sizing of the Impact vest. See the below that I copied in from getagripwatersports.com. I guess I'm going to keep my medium and wait till warm weather to try it out. Worst case: I'm out $30 ($40 purchase less the $10 I'd have spent shipping the return back) and someone I know gets a very nice slightly used vest. With any other comparable option costing $140+/- I reckon I might as well give it a shot. This is a really cool vest at a steal of a price so if it just does work out that leaves me $100 to otherwise support the habit! By the way, as far as I know, the blog post below would have been made well before anyone's stock got low, meaning they had plenty of larges and bigger to pick from so they probably weren't just trying to unload a bunch of smaller sizes.

"One of the owners of Get A Grip Water Sports is 5' 10", 170 lbs, and typically wears a 40-42 Regular suit jacket. He also fits comfortably into 2010 and 2011 medium Radar Strada vests. When the 2012 inventory arrived, he first tried on the medium 2012 Decibel, it was too tight...on to the Large...too tight...and then on to the X-Large. The X-Large felt good on land but, once in the water, he realized the X-Large was too big. He tried a Large in the water but, still to big. The large was a marginal fit but, potentially, medium would be better.

So, back to the medium, this time an effort was made to actually zip it up. After a little work, the vest was on and felt OK; very tight, but OK. Once in the water and after a couple sets, medium is what he settled on.

Please keep this in mind: When new and dry, the Radar Decibel vest MUST be tight; otherwise, you will not be happy with it in the water."

• Baller_
@GroovyGrant Very hard to believe that a Medium, according to the size chart by foxriverat, coming in at 33-35 chest would come even close to fitting my 40" chest size, stretchy or not. According to that chart, I would have to jump straight to an XL at 39-42 chest. If I had the choice, it would have been large all the way. I know the owner of Get A Grip and have skied with him in tournaments just about every yr for yrs. He is an easy 170. I'm 185. I don't really believe that suit jacket sizing can directly relate to vest sizing as suggested in the blog. But, this also confirms, if that's Radars sizing, that the size chart on the ebay web site above is WAY off on their posted size chart. By 5" in chest circumference.

Thanks for the push to my ebay store. I really appreciate it. I did figure out what the deal with Wish's vest. It must have been marked wrong at the factory because it was smaller than the size smalls I have left. I also have the the 2013 decibel for $45. Size small again only.

Finally came back down to sunny florida from the great white north. Tried the new vest on and was worried about the fit when dry but like others said try it in the lake first. Vest fits and feels amazing and has great buoyancy for a non cga. BTW just checked the ebay store and the 2013 decibels (size small only) are on sale for $36!

• Baller

Bump

I ordered the Radar rope awhile ago. Great deal. Being a bit of a "wally" type I am still confused by the extra switch section of rope. I've just hooked the rope to the pylon at the length indicators, should I be moving it down to handle end?

Missed the boat on the X-vest the first go round but stumbled across the deal again at www.wakehouse.com 50 bucks and it is sitting at home right now waiting for me to get off work.

• Baller

@xrated‌

the rope should be standard length, you remove the switch section if using the switch. Best bet is to put the switch section between your handle and the mainline. Hope that helps!

@exit9az‌ I picked up a new RS1 binding last year and couldn't be happier. Great deals on old stock!

• Baller

@xrated‌

yes sir, you are running short rope if not using that switch piece. The PP switch would replace it.

Doesn't matter where you add it, but it makes the most sense at the other end of the rope where you won't be shortening, unless of course you wanted to work on 1/2 loops, say between 22 and 28. It should be 3-4' or a little shorter than the orange section between 22 and 28 off loops. If you were nailing 22, but not getting far at 28, it could help between those 2.