Whats Your Tow Rig?

ozski

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

0osngkvi7hic.jpg

i only recently sold this. Holden SS utility. 6.0l 6 speed manual. done a fair bit of motor and drivetrain work. Pumped 486rwhp.

then i purchased this 2014 Holden Colorado. 2.8l diesel 6 sp auto 4x4. much more practical

tgcc19hyv6fj.jpg

• Baller

@thager I forgot how cool that boat looks on the water.

@Roger +1 for the SRT, unfortunately for my purposes it wasn't as well suited as the Summit. I guess if I want fast I should just get the Dodge Challenger Hell Cat. 700 hp gets you down the road pretty fast!

nuxkwc1hz2su.jpg

• Baller

I'll play. 2012 F150 STX 4x4. 2007 211.

r3mhbhjayph2.jpg

I got this truck this year after my 07 F150 started having some rust issues. It is interesting how much better this tows. The 07 had the 5.4 with 4x4, but only a 4 speed transmission with OD lockout vs the 12 has a 5.0 with 6 speed and a true tow mode. It gets about 4 MPG better, has more HP, and is more pleasant to tow with. What's not to like?

• Baller
@6balls, thanks. That is the main reason I bought it. You can't beat a vehicle with that kind of towing capacity and mileage. Plus it is really comfortable for long trips. We drove to FL this past spring and only had to fill up once.