Nautique Game Changer

Glock

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I know nothing and do not expect a 200 replacement but I would not fall out of my chair if it is a new 3 event boat. Is about time.

@Jody_Seal knows and I am sure he will not spill it. Anyone have good blackmail on Jody?

• Baller

Highly doubt it's 196. That's not a game changer. It's been done.

An entry level wake boat has also been done by mc and Malibu . So not really a game changer either.

A world class all event boat would be a game changer. But don't see how that is possible.

• Baller
steer by wire -aka gps & accelerometer controlled steering. also utilizes an as yet unrevealed mechanical feedback method for instantly detecting velocity change. full disclosure will follow filing of patent applications.

• Administrators

@webbdawg99 I know for a fact the smaller engine options are coming to the sport but can they push a 200? That boat is so much better with the 6.0 compared to the 5.7.

It would require an efficient hull. That would be a whole new boat.

• Baller
@Horton - Nope Its morning here and that was a pre coffee post. But thinking back 2 years you heard next to nothing about the Carbon Pro, now they are clearly getting traction in the market and I think there is room in the Nautique line up for a cheaper entry level boat.

• Supporting Member

Are they making an announcement AT Stubb's BBQ? Not sure I see the connection, but I have been there and even as a not-very-big-BBQ-guy, I was quite impressed. Austin has great food for sure.

Oh man, now you've got me thinking of the Iron Cactus, which I freakin' love, and I even heard there's a waterski connection there? I am pretty sure my Iron Cactus shirt that says something about how life is too short for bad tequila, is the only alcohol-themed shirt I have ever owned.

Yeah, yeah, I'm veering off-topic, but nobody has any actual info about this Nautique thing anyhow.

• Members
Than_Bogan as you know Stubbs is a Hot Spot for BBQ and live music, Sail n Ski is one of the top if not the top Nautique dealership, I think they may have something to do with it, I will be checking on it tomorrow.

• Baller
16 1/2ft convertible bow that weighs just under 2,000lbs with the trailer, and is powered by a direct drive 2.5 liter aluminum 4cyl that makes 225hp. Super hole shot, top speed of 48mph, center pylon, seats 6 with the bow open, and burns 3 gallons of regular fuel per hour.

• Baller
I've heard no hull change for CC 3 event boat this year and maybe not even in '17. What you will see is a 5.3 approaching 400 HP as the primary engine. 5.7 is becoming obsolete and unavailable.

• Baller
@rodltg2 the 16 1/2 ft Gamechanger will have patented hull with modified v entry bow, lifting strakes and keel fins that will track on a rail with tiny wakes and no spray. And it's a 7 passenger with the bow cover off. Out the door price for base model will be under 30k. Adding speed control, mini tower, bimini, and stereo will bring it to 34k ish.

I've got some inside information that it's a new design with a new engine; they told me they didn't know much about the design other than the new engine.

I realize that is extremely vague, but it doesn't sound like it's a wakeboard boat. I can't imagine a change to the 200 hull. The 196 and 197 stayed unchanged way longer than this current design.