All new 2016 Vapor

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Industry Professional
I have some demos but not a full set yet, they're cranking out at the barn as fast as possible and I hope to have them by the end of the month. Would love to see a bunch of you this fall down at the lake for coaching as well as demos.

• Baller_
This is all fine and Dandy if one can get a new Vapor to try out or even purchase! Went to Performance ski and surf yesterday and was told most all new product was going down under and that it would be a while before they become available. In the meantime..... Well Eddie call me back!!!

• Baller
I am making the same jump - green to 16. I've only got about 1.5 sets on it. So, this is really initial thoughts. The 16 works with less input. I had to do less. My habit on the green was to give more input and be more active. That didn't work on the 16. Just stand on it and let it do the rest. Killer offside turn w steady tip attitude out of the turn. That's it for now.

• Baller

Hey Guys

What are the comparisons between the three vapors

I never did get used to the blue one never felt comfortable on it and felt that it didn't perform as well as the green one. I still ski on it now and then just so to see if it has changed while it sits on the shelf. How is the 16, ski compared to the 14 and the 15. Is the 16 a different lay up? With all the talk of the torsional flex of the 15 being softer what is the flex comparison between the three of them. I sure love the green ski. The blue 67 is for sale.

Thanks Guys

• Baller
Ive been on the 2016 vapor for a little over 3 weeks. (22-35@36mph). Ive been on all the vapors so far. This is ski is greatly different. I would say its the best Radar has made. The biggest thing is the ski stays more level through the turn compared to the 14/15 vapors. The vapors before had too much material up front which then pushed back at you-tip rise. I am in a better position coming out of the turn with this ski.The 2016 vapor carries out better, I think because of the shape and maybe the flex. I see my self earlier at every line length The 2016 turns easier for me, it grabs a lot of angle right away if you want. Softer tip flex on this ski.

• Baller

I'm currently waiting on my 16 to arrive. Currently riding a Limited Edition red 2014 after selling my blue 15 model.

Personally I still really miss my blue 15 ski. Starting to find better results on my 14 after resetting the fin and a few rides. Still haven't matched a PB on the 14 that I set on the 15 but after my rides last night I can feel it getting closer and closer.

After all that................I sure wish I could post a picture of a long Radar box sitting at my house waiting for me when I arrive home! :(

• Baller
I've been a little quiet about ski skiing on the 2016 because I have been pretty sick with allergies the past week. My balance is off (middle ear stopped up) and my strength is down. That said, I've taken some sets and I am still getting into my PB pass off the dock within 1-2 buoys of PB while sick. I have 3x the confidence on the pass leading up to my PB pass (used to be very iffy or frantic). It just seems to get smoother and easier. Any little bobble I can trace to something lacking in my actions and yet, the ski seems to just keep turning the buoys. I have noticed that if I get a bit back or a bit too far forward, the ski still seems to turn the buoy and set a pretty good angle out of the turn. Other skis would have either wheelied and not turned or dumped/hooked when too far forward. Not this one. I can't wait to get some sets on it back at 100% healthy.

• Baller

@thompjs - It's up to you. Call the guys a Performance and discuss options. Before ordering, I spoke at length about what if I don't like the ski... They were probably rolling their eyes the whole time.

Now, I just need to get someone to convince my wife that 2014 Vapor bindings look horrible on a 2016 Vapor ski. ;-)

• Baller

2016 Vapor Question ?? At Nationals I was checking out the 16 Vapor at their booth, and in a meaningful discussion with, lets just call him a most notable Factory Rep, so as not to influence the outcome of the question.

He asked what ski I was on, and I told him a 68".Mapple 6.0, so I asked him how he thought the 68" Vapor compared. He said he would recommend the 69" Vapor instead. I asked why, and his answer was that the ski turned so well, had a tendency to slow down quickly, and accelerate even better, and that the extra surface area would pay big dividends..He sited Nate Smith as an example, being 155 and on a 67" Quest...His point was because Nate has a lot of extra surface area, he is able to load sharply at the finish of his turn, cast out early, and eat a sandwich while he rides a giant preturn..Thus being one of the reasons he makes it look so easy...He said, I've driven him, I know.

I am 6'4" @ 225, and have always been on 68" skis, and start at 32off and hope to run 39 again, something I've only done in the past with PP and not ZO. So before I order a new Vapor, and please don't say buy both and see which one you like better.... Does he have a valid point that the 69" would be a better choice for the attributes mentioned above. Would Love to hear from some experienced Vapor riders as to their opinion..THX

• Baller
@Ed_Johnson I'd like to know how it works out if you do get A 69". I'm 6'2" 175 I was thinking of trying a 68". I've usually skied on a 67. But I skied on a 68 d3 x7 for a while and had no problems turning it. Skidawg is on a 67 I think he a little over 200 lb. @skidawg have you tried a 68 yet.

• Baller
@Ed_Johnson I have been riding a 68 2016 Vapor since Nationals and think it fits my size nicely. I am 6'2" and 195lbs. I skied the 67 and think the 68 supports me a little better. If I was you I would definitely consider the 69. I think it will support you much better, especially as the water gets warm in he middle of summer.

• Baller
Jim, Bill doesn't have any 16's to Demo, he's still trying to fill back orders...One of my ski partners just got his 67" last week after waiting a month...Seems to be a lot of them on back order..Plus, no one I know has even seen a 69" yet, so I don't know if they have produced any.