How smooth do you like the water for your slalom set?

matt_b

• Baller

I don't live on a lake, so when I go out I ski. Could be white caps. With that said I try and go on low wind days, but that doesn't always work.

As far as the poll, I don't know. I have only skied on glass 1 or 2 times. I never really paid much attention. It is a fun feeling but not too sure if it makes my skiing any better.

• Baller_
I will ski too lazy if it is glass. It's OK to enjoy the glass once in a while, but I prefer the ripple to wake me up a little to focus on that first pass and run it aggressively.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
I really enjoy glass on my opener, which is the only chance I get to ski it unless I take a really long drop at the other end. I find myself contemplating the beauty of the aesthetics, rather than focusing on my skiing. For my harder passes, I like a little texture. It feels a little more stabilizing.

• Baller

I like glass to free ski on big lake open water but haven't seen a big lake all glass for years. Jet skiers and wakeboarders started getting up too early. Skiing glass till you fall off the handle was pretty cool. Glass seems to take a little adjustment for me, a bit too much stick in the course.

On little private lakes with buoys I much prefer a slight ripple, ski rides better. Contrast is better too, easier to see what's where.

• Baller
Our cottage is on a medium sized lake with not a lot of cottages, I regularly get free ski glass and absolutely love it. Just ski the whole lake until it's all stirred up. Can't complain about the rollers when you know you were the one that made them LOL