So i am at dinner w/ wife and tell her how excited I am about my new ski

Horton

• Supporting Member

I had a few "conversations" at work along the lines of:

Blah blah Denali blah science blah tunnel volume blah blah rotation blah innovative blah 39 blah

Are you going to talk about anything besides that ski?

Um... no.

• Baller
Once, after a really great day in the stock market, I bought a new ski on the way home from work....We were heading up to the cottage that afternoon. Wife gets in the car (a hatchback...ski is laying on the arm rest between the front seats. she looks at the ski and says, "just curious about how expensive the new dress that I am getting is going to be?".....

• Baller

I would not even think about talking about a new ski with her (especially before buying it) or fin tuning, or anything technical related (or not).

As @Horton points out, talks about her hobbies, issues her friends are having, neighbors, etc... are unlimited. And I better pay attention and look interested.

• Administrators

To be fair @Kim H puts up with with a LOT of water ski talk and web site talk and other obsessive compulsive behaviour. It is that moment when we are out to a very nice dinner at the beach and she realizes I am thinking about skiing on the Denali on Monday where I get in trouble.

I will send my ER bill to @AdamCord and @adamhcaldwell. Now that I think about it there is no woman on earth that must be more long suffering than Mrs Cord

• Baller
When or if your wife ask you about the price of the new ski, keep smiling ......"you are so beautiful today Honey and I am so lucky for having married such a smart and understanding woman !!! "and keep on smiling !!!!!!

• Baller

@thager I have been hiding my then new ski for 2 years. In plain sight, skiis come and go in my garage all the time so mine was always around with other skiis.

It has worked so well that the other day my wife saw me being frustrated with my skiing and she said that maybe is time for a new ski!!!

• Baller_
I've told the story on here before and deserved a knife to the back at the time. Short version: 17yrs ago wife in labor...for a loooooong time. Time for Epidural. Anesthesiologists arrives in room. He is a waterskier (wife's fault for mentioning that I was a skier...maybe) We start talking at the foot of the bed about skiing. No idea how much time passed but do remember my wife reminding the anesthesiologists why he was even in the room. And yes, I have not lived that one down and prob never will.

• Baller

@Chef23 yes! You don't let something like that go!

But in my country the economy sucks and I have to be careful with my spendings so My focus is in sets rather than equipment at the moment.

There are however 2 skiis that interest me a lot and maybe I might spend the $2000 that they cost. The Denali and the Rev6.

• Baller

@Chef23, have the ski delivered to work, I do. Plus you can open an offshore account and funnel your lunch money in for a new ski every year. Use the old ski bag trick and you are good.

When I came clean on the last one, I played the Radar Vapor video that ended with the words, "Coming August X," and told her they forgot to add "and to our house soon after." She gave up years ago.

• Baller

@Than_Bogan I like your way of thinking but not very good for the country's trade balance :)

I just need one really good shiny ski for my self!

I just find out that I will have the chance to test ride a Rev6 in a couple of weeks. But my mind is on the Denali, the info on BOS makes it interesting.

For Now I'll have to rely on my trusty nano XT, after over 350 sets still holds well.

• Baller

@Jordan

Just tell her that she will get a very expensive dress that will come with some features.

For example....

It shall keep her very fit.

Shall be used 500 times prior to next new dress.

Can be sold second handed at 1/3 of price after a few years.

Or maybe not.....

o:)