Are your buoys still in?

Tdub

We pulled ours about a week ago. That water gets cold quickly here in Northern Ohio. This old guy hates cold water. Toasted the season with a few beers, played "Boys of Summer" and called it a season. We drove to Perrysburg yesterday and noticed yours was still in @A_B. I'm impressed. Cheers.

• Baller

Pulled it on the 16th of October because the next few weekends were booked up. We didn't want to get stuck in snow pulling it or doing it when the sun is down on a weeknight.

Could have easily skied a few more weeks but time wasn't on our side this year so we had to pull the plug.

• Baller

@Tdub Don't be. I skied two weekends ago bareback and that was it for the season. I don't put all the gear on any more. Likely will pull a crazy dry suit skier this coming weekend for his last time and yank the buoys. We put new trailer bunks on this past weekend and just ran out of daylight to pull the course.

Just need to mow grass a few more times and move some dirt for a longer shooting range and we will target shoot until snow flys.

If I was tournament skiing, I would say we had another month yet with bags on.

Chicken Run first Saturday after Thanksgiving up at Pelican. I will likely just drive.

• Supporting Member

@david_quail B.T.D.T.

We were on a helluva lucky run with weather until just a few days ago when a 30 mph wind started blowing and eventually brought 40F temps behind it (and lows in the 20s).

But I think @MikeT and I have still got a few more sets in us in the next week and half. We'll pull the course the weekend of the time change (11/6). Not much point in having it after that.

• Baller
Water 64 air 74 today. Gonna keep at it until at least next cold front comes through. What we're getting now is bonus stuff for us. Just hit 100 sets today. The problem we face is when it's warm this time of year, it's due a strong south wind.

• Baller

Here in eastern Ontario Canada we pulled ours last week. Water was still around 60 but the weather switch was flipped last week. Pulled the boat yesterday and going to do the lift tomorrow. It's been going just below freezing at night and the water temps are plummeting. Fall is tough skiing for us as the wind is a huge challenge so time to pack her in.

The next skiing we do will be in Orlando in a month! Looking forward to it.

• Baller
Pulled ours last week. The problem we were having was seeing the course, not the weather. Opening pass was fine, next pass I could not see the entrance gates due to the glare this time of year. Lucky to see one ball, went around it and dropped the handle. Done - pulled it. It gets to the point where you are not going to ski well and it is not fun.