Show off your ski

aspski

• Baller

There are a few 'show off' threads on here: Tow Rig, Tug, Ski site, but I have not seen one to show off your ski!

Post your ski, what you like/don't like about it etc

Heres the current ski, 2008 HO Triumph 69. I will be upgraded next spring as it was bought 10 years ago as a ski that anyone could use. It does the trick, and I can throw out some really fun turns on it, but I want a more performance oriented ski next time around. Next ski will be a 67 and narrower.

http://img0110o.psstatic.com/159964071_the-ho-triumph-waterski-is-designed-for-performance-thru.jpg

ho-triumph-waterski-size-71-basis_1_8a45

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

1thd9f6f8sc0.png

She is getting a new rear binding and sequence plate shortly :)

I love how responsive it is. I feel like the ski is a coach...be balanced, apply tip pressure...ZOOM! Get on the back of the ski...it stops and lets you think about the mistake while the ball goes by :) I wish the coral were more orange or red so my gear would still match :)

I am also a sucker for those windows...they look so cool...even if they do send water up your nose if you try to stand up too fast on deep water starts.

• Baller

Don’t get me started posting pics of my skis. @Horton once made fun of me for all my skis. Loosely quoting him on a post and picture of my ski racks full of skis, saying it looked like his racks overloaded with blanks “I do it for a living”. I think he was trying to tell me to quit screwing around. I like trying them all. I’m not good enough to get out of them, what they’ve got in them, but I can get -28 out of just about anything.

Here’s my Radar collection

m61l18bef8ye.jpeg

• Baller_

@S1Pitts you ain't kidding. Big supprise. First time in 3 yrs, 4 diff Denalis and countless settings and never blew a tail. Sorta pushed the limits on depth on that one though. Added .05 today and boom..right back into feeling 0 possibility of tail cutting loose.

Here it is:

cg21odv5epdd.jpg

Actually .... this is a swivel ski I found locally and added x-9 bindings to accommodate a lot of feet sizes. My goal it get every person staying at the lake with us over Labor Day a slalom run. With this ski beginners have no excuse for not trying.

I have have nicknamed her Big Sa'rah. This fat bottom girl is going to get some new people skiing!

• Baller

Here are my 3 skis : the first O'Brien was bought in 1993 and my first time doing mono and my first time slalom in summer 1998.

Than O'Brien Mapple in 2002 but did not ski much bcause I had a break between 2002 and 2014 (family matter...2 girls).

Last but not least Mapple T2 bought it in 2015 when Andy passed away and I went to slalom as much as possible with it and I love it31llm55da5cz.jpg

• Baller

My boot transformation has been a gradual progression over the last 2 months, finally now complete. After my old boot fell apart I picked up the Vapor front, then a couple weeks later added the HRT rear, and now the Vapor is mounted on the MOB release. I may not be skiing fast enough to really need a release system from a safety standpoint, but with just a couple sets since adding the MOB I think I'm really going to like being strapped in nice and tight to the Vapor boot.

a60bzrsdm3bq.jpg

• Baller

@LakeboyWWK Great first post and welcome to BoS. That's exactly the same setup I've been skiing on since '06! To my mind, the '06 Monza was the coolest, best looking year of the Monza and possibly also the coolest or one of the coolest looking skis HO ever made but then again I'm kind of partial to things red and black. Others may not agree with that assessment. I love the graphics on the base of it (see photo below). My dog Dave did too. ;)

The interesting thing about my Monza is that it was sold to me in '06 by Ian Trapp who was the reigning (2005-'07) U-21 World Champion in Men's slalom. If I'm not mistaken, @CaleBurdick won that title the next time it was contested in 2007. Ian said it was one of his practice skis and only had a few sets on it. He was selling off all his HO stuff because he was just in the process of moving over to Radar. He had it listed on SIA and I happened to be the lucky guy who got it. After being skied upon by a world champion, the ski has probably been wondering who this joker is skiing on it ever since it came to me. ;)

If I could get a word to Ian it would be to say thank you very much for giving me such a good deal on the ski and for convincing me that the Monza was quite forgiving despite its high performance ability and would be a good ski for me. It took me a little while to get it dialed in to where it worked really well for me but once I did, my skiing ability went up a significant number of levels very quickly. Buying that Monza was the best thing that ever happened to my skiing and I have Ian Trapp to thank for that. If anyone who reads this happens to know Ian, please pass on my thanks and appreciation to him.

1cenxfbteooi.jpg