BallOfSpray Forum Hall Of Fame – Nominations

Horton

• Administrators

With the 11th anniversary of the BallOfSpray coming up in a week I thought it was time to start thinking about our own Hall Of Fame.

Criteria:

• Person must have been a member for at least 5 1/5 years (half the time the site has existed)

• Person must have significantly contributed to the knowledge or entertainment of the membership

• Other?

• Supporting Member

Seriously useful information

@Bruce_Butterfield

@AdamCord

@Jody_Seal

@Edbrazil

Entertaining Rabble-Rousers

@OB or @OB1

@ShaneHill or any of his numerous aliases

@Jody_Seal

Original Ballers

@The_MS

@Dirt

Excessive posters

@Wish

@Than_Bogan

@OB or @OB1

Banned But Never Forgotten

@Taelan28

@gator1

Village Crazy Guy (With Occasional Deep Insight)

@eleeski

I'll probably have more at some point. (See: "excessive poster.")

• Administrators
At least one of the "Founders" who has not been mentioned is @jdarwin. The new guys may not know him but Darwin, along with @The_MS and @skidawg are the real core founders. With out those 3 guys there would not have been the WaterSkiMag Ski Test that helped really kickstart the forum.

• Baller_

@horton don't nead no good englich.

So are you open to multiple categories of hall of fame?

- solid skiers

- A$$holes we would prefer to forget, e.g. Thomas W & Talean

- Crazy Uncle who lives in the attic, e.g. Eric

- Everyone's favorite whipping boy, e.g. MS

- Gearheads & boat experts, e.g. Jody & DW

- Nominees for the 12 step program.....whoops that's a long list

On second thought, its probably better to keep it simple.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller
BOS Founder awardees should be put in the Hall by @Horton without a vote IMO. But 'first ballot' HOF'ers should be @Edbrazil, + @Jody_Seal then @Bruce_Butterfield and maybe @MISkier but I believe he may be too young and needs to age

• Baller_

@scoke goes way back to the WSF but since he has been living out of a van at OKKE we don’t hear from him as much. @thager has been banned more than anyone and he is day one also. When your profile says “stir vigorously and leave” you know he is up to no good.

Day 1 ballers

@skidawg

@jdarwin

@MrJones

@Bruce_Butterfield

@eleeski

• Baller

@Mortyski you are correct on both names. I started out as AB and then was caught up in some sort of system bug and became A_B.

I remember the donut suggestion as well, still chuckle about it. Only us full-figured guys would appreciate it! And I have seen my share of donut comments out here!

• Baller
But don't you guys ever wonder what happened to people like him? Thomas Wayne. I mean I know he could get on your nerves but he had some really good posts if you got over the other stuff. I'm sorry for going off on a tangent but I just wonder about what happened to these people . What was that other guy's name that big cheater Jim Michaels? How do you go from being so into water skiing,that you build your own lake, building all that stuff to cheat and then just disappear ? Okay I'll stop I'm sorry.

• Baller

Nobody wanted it more than Dr. Jim Michaels.....built a lake, hired the best coaches, did the best PEDs (just an assumption on that one), took any of the best cheaters in water skiing and topped them by a mile.

Very happy to see Taelon nominated, my favorite poster ever.

• Supporting Member
@EFW @9400 I saw Jim at a tourney in Wisconsin maybe 4 or so years after that - close to whenever his AWSA prison time was nearing end. He was working as a volunteer. What he did was wrong but I think it was admirable he openly admits that and is trying to regain people’s trust and be helpful. He also let Marquette’s team use his lake for practice and was their advisor some years. He is eligible to hop back in. I’ll forgive him. You know he’ll never pull that again.