Who is the shortest person to have run 41?

ballsohard

• Baller

Here is the official unofficial list of the guys who have run 41@36. Sacha, Jon & Will at 6’0”.

Jeff Rodgers - 1997 - 6’1”

Andy Mapple - 1998 - 6’2”

Jamie Beauchesne - 2003 - 6’1”

Chris Parrish - 2005 - 6’5”

Will Asher - 2008 - 6’0”

Nate Smith - 2010 - 6’2”

Jon Travers - 2012 - 6’0”

Freddie Winter - 2014 - 6’2”

Corey Vaughn - 2015 - 6’2”

Sacha Descuns - 2016 - 6’0”

Robert Pigozzi - 2018 - 6’1”

I’m sure y’all will let me know if I missed anyone..

• Baller

A little bit off topic, but should there be allowances for Height, some sort of handicap system, there were several Pro Skiers who just didn't have the height, to challenge the Tall Guy,s, Jason Parades being one and of course Terry Winter, I am sure there are many others.

Would that be unfair to the Tall Guy,s ?

• Administrators
@Stevie Boy that subject has been passed around for decades. Bottom line is at the elite end of sports you do your best with what you got. Life isn't fair.

• Baller

Being less than 5'8", with a wing span several inches less than my height, this topic depresses me. :neutral: People like Regina and @twhisper inspire me, and give me hope!

Another pretty amazing amateur skier that is impressive while being short is @richfoster getting well into 39 when he is clicking.

• Baller
Shouldn’t the NBA lower the rim for short players so they can be more competitive ? Although 6’2” seem to be the optimal compromise between greater reach and lower center of gravity, until 39 really not much of a factor.

• Baller

@MattP where did you get those heights? Of course I could be wrong, but JT at 6’0” seems off. I would think 6’1” or 6’2”. And looking at him and Will Asher next to one another, I think JT is a bit taller. That may be faulty memory, but that is my intuition.

I’ve always been skeptical of some of the heights listed for pro skiers. For instance, I’m 5’10” and Marcus Brown is taller than me. Not that he’s as giant as the other skiers, but he isn’t a small guy. I do think Terry Winter is a bit shorter than me.

This is all my perception from being around these guys. Not that I really know any of them but you see them at clinics, ski schools, college tournaments, etc.

• Baller

@skispray Marcus is 5’10”, Terry is 5’9”. Terry is running 41 in practice around once a week, definitely skiing the best of his life. Unfortunately, there are hardly any tournaments for him to get the chances he needs. He does however cruise it at 34 whenever he tries it

• Administrators
@escmanaze it's silly to assume that all elite tournaments in the United States are perfect and it is also wrong to assume that all foreign tournaments are imperfect. The sport needs to do a better job of enforcing standards but I don't think it is a country-by-country thing.

• Baller

Surprised no one has mentioned Dane M. I don’t think he has run it in a tournament but pretty close. I am sure he is running 41 in practice. Not too sure how tall he is? But I don’t think he is anywhere near 6 ft

I think Him and Terry have a real good chance of running it sometime soon

• Baller

@JackQ lowering the rim would be even more advantageous for taller players. Raise it completely out of reach and the best shooters, not necessarily the tallest, will gain advantage.

If the rope or bouys were adjusted for equal height/reach, then again, the best skiers would rise.

A buddy who does CrossFit (5'8, 155) can by body weight percentage, lift more than anyone in the gym, but gets crushed in competions skewed to the guys that are 6 ft, and 200lbs. When any competition gives advantage to a certain body type, that is the body type that will dominate.

• Baller

A 10' basketball rim doesn't keep a guard from draining 3's all day long. No disadvantage there.

A specified buoy distance with a specified rope length, that is only obtainable by body length, caters to taller (longer reach) athletes.

There will always be vertically challenged slalom skiers that are just gifted and can run extereme shortline. Think what their potential would be if they were 6", 8", 10" taller.

• Baller

Physical body types just do better at certain sports. Just the way it is. Look at Michael Phelps. The guy is built like a fish with freakishly long arms and huge hands. They didn't shorten the pool for the normal sized people.

I'd say that the extra 6" certainly doesn't hurt, but Regina is 5'4", and kills on the slalom course. It's not all about height.