what is the injury and what are you drinking?

Horton

• Baller
Cramp-Fasciculation Syndrome. Some silly peripheral nerve hyper-excitability thing. Left calf cramped so badly last week that I tore it somewhat. Still tender and limping. Drink a lot of Karback Ranch Water now that I'm gluten free with side of nerve drugs and hydrocodone.

• Baller

7o8h2fkffrqp.jpg

Broken neck. Broken upper arm bone. Damaged nerves.

WARNING.

DO NOT USE CLINCHERS WITH DOVELS.

I pulled my arm by holding on way too long...

Three months of water and orthoses.

Then to cheer me up.

Bordeaux, Burgundy, Champagne, Beer.

• Baller

@gsm_peter

Man,good luck! Tried the Clinchers with dowels a couple years ago.Brand new gloves.

On the second set on a normal fall,the dowel stayed hooked to the handle pulling my arm violently in the process.Wasn't hurt but no more Clincher gloves ever for me,even without the dowel!

Good luck again!

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

On May 11, took my first big crash slalom skiing. Running extremely late into buoy four I decide to turn it anyways and head to buoy five.What I think happened was; I ran over the slack rope while being pitched forward, my back foot out. I release the handle, I believe it ended over the tip of the ski which made a small crack in the ski. But not as bad as the rope wrapping around my right arm and right leg with the handle over the ski, the slack pulled tight, the rope broke thankfully. Thanks to my friend and Driver Mike he came back immediately, rescued me got me to the dock and rushed me to the hospital. No broken bones lotta vascular damage and torn muscles. I’m back on the water eight weeks later. Did I take it easy? Hell No right back at it

• Baller
I've come to the conclusion that at my age there's going to be pain somewhere! It's just a matter of keeping it under the level that I can still ski and go about everyday life. As soon as I post this I have to KT tape my knee and get out to the shop and start building!

• Baller

All.

Best recover.

@Deanoski

Great that you are back.

Thanks. Yes I am on my way back. Very slow...

Just starting to ski 30mph now.

@BraceMaker

Thanks.

This was day 3 at the hospital -on painkillers.

Acident in September. Orto went of mid December.

Rehab, rehab. Skiing trick and some 30 mph now.

@Andre

Thanks.

I only used clinchers to avoid blisters.

Unfortunately grab the handle tight.

Never really used them to improve my grip.

• Baller

Grade II sprain of my left ankle. Happened about 3 weeks ago...trying to get a set in on a Friday evening before a storm rolled in. First pass yard sale going into ball 2. Been relegated to boat driver / mechanic. Drinking: Elijah Craig on the rocks. Going back to my ortho on Monday for a follow up, not optimistic that he's going to give me the all clear.

• Baller
Thought about this thread yesterday when I was at PT. The tech made me balance on a foam pad with my feet heel to toe. I remarked that this is my ski position and that it was what I was doing when I hurt my ankle. Then she had me switch my feet...right foot forward. Totally awkward. Anyway, is anyone in this thread currently in PT too. I go back today. At least I'm going to have stronger ankles when all of this is over.

• Baller

I think this is from being at 89 ski outings so far in 2021, but I can barely move my upper back and my skiing went to hell last week. Time for a week or so off before a Wade Cox clinic 8/6/21.

Drinking? Trying to stick with Corona Light so I don't get too chubby while I can't ski.

• Baller
@Jody_Seal I started having hip pain this year for the first time ever. Hurts like hell but only happened after skiing. Rest a few days and it went away. Finally made the connection! On start up I was sitting on the back of the ski letting the boat do all the work to soften the back load. As the boat brings in the power my knees and inner legs were catching water and were getting pulled outward causing a hyper rotation of my hip joints. By concentrating on keeping the knees in and not catching water the hip pain has disappeared.

• Baller
My hips and lower back are and have been fried this season. I did the video workout @horton posted and my hammies are sore today but I think that guy is on the right track. I am adding in some glute bridges and side planks as well. The biggest killer is just sitting in a chair all day at work.

Hard to even type this but here goes....3 days before the flight to my first Nationals in 2018, I had a freak infection of severe bacterial meningitis. Lodged in my lower spine. After 24 hours of multiple IV lines of antibiotics not working I was 2 hours from dying according to my medical team. Emergency neurosurgery to clean out infection. 2nd surgery on spine about a month later when a dura leak of spinal fluid occurred that was sucking the spinal cord nerves out of my vertebra. Pain off the charts and no painkillers worked with any effectiveness. If surgery hadn't worked I planned to immediately move to Oregon..... Blessed that surgery was successful and that I had the best doctors in the world. I am left with 20% feeling in left foot, 65% in right. (I'm RFF thankfully). Also various body/digestive functions compromised. Maybe from meningitis, maybe surgery trauma. Doesn't matter, grateful to all to survive. Years of PT, nerve/epilepsy drugs, multiple doctors continue to this day with limited effect, and will keep trying everything. By the Grace of God I am alive and have a very good quality of life. On the water very carefully 1 year later for a couple runs. Have the best ski partners in the world. Skied regularly in 2020. This year back to running an occasional 32off and planning for more which remarkably is close to where I was pre-sickness. Apparently full feeling in your feet is overrated in slalom. :) Still love skiing and hope to do a tournament this year, and if not, for sure next year. Can't drink much alcohol because of constant medications but cheat occasionally with a beer, wine, margarita, or martini if available!.

MRI image is spinal cord nerves being pulled out by leak.

lw227gywm5rx.jpeg

• Administrators

I had a super freaky health scare today. I was going to be drinking everything in sight. Turns out it was nothing. I will be skiing tomorrow.

wqob9asoguk0.gif