Malibu TXI skiers

TEL

• Baller
I have skied in tournaments and practice behind most 196's, 200's and new Ski Nautique, MC 2017 and 2021 skiing 22-35off I have no complaints driving either. How are the wakes and driving of a 2020 TXI? I Love the look of a closed bow

• Baller

It's not a bad driving boat - nothing is going to track like a 200. The 200 almost tracks too well where it starts to feel numb as the skier moves out to the buoy. The new TXI hull has a lot of width through the nose which changes the way it drives, but something you can get used to.

The TXI is sensitive to fuel, so the wake is pretty bad if you throw 40 gallons of fuel in the thing but keep it at 65% or less and the slalom wake is great.

• Baller
@bananaron Some hulls are more sensitive than others. The new ProStar has a 30 gallon tank and the fuel level doesn't seem to affect the wake much at 34 and 36mph. The new Ski Nautique has a 29 gallon tank and supposedly drives much better with a full tank and looses its tracking as the tank gets empty. It is also very sensitive to weight placement on the passengers side. The Malibu TXI has a 40 gallon tank (10 more gallons than it's competitors) and is extremely sensitive to fuel level.

• Baller

@dave2ball I like my 08 196 but as the hours are clicking by it's getting time to look for a new boat. I live on a private lake, I want a closed bow boat I hate the flip up jump seats. I like the room inside of my 196. When we go out skiing three go out so we are laying ski equipment on the floor and can walk around without stepping on it. That leaves out the older 200's and new Ski Nautique. New 200 only comes open bow. The MC I like but again damn jump seat. MC make a closed bow boat. The TXI has room and a closed bow. Just not skied or driven one

If I am going to spend the money I want what works for me. Come on MasterCraft build a closed bow

• Baller
I continue to believe specific boat set up matters. We have run into a new Malibu at tourneys that virtually every junior skier complains about but the same kids liked the wake on the Malibu's at regionals this last week. Same with specific Nautiques and Mastercrafts. Props, weight distribution, gas, and a properly set hydrogate on the nautiques, all impact the wake and tracking. Also, I have come to learn than minor damage or factory misalignment on any one of the tracking fins can really impact the weight and tracking stability. If the wake on the new boat you are skiing behind really sucks there is probably a correctable reason.

• Baller
The TXi is a great driving and skiing boat when set up properly...and you actually have some leg room as opposed to the 200. The wake is a little bit harder at 22 off then the other two boats but that's about the only complaint I've got on it.

• Baller

@dave2ball there is actually a used CB TXi for sale at Silver Spray sports in Michigan.

and @TEL MC does make a closed bow, order the bow cover and no front seating and you have great ski stroage with racks and the largest observer seating out there, who cares if part of the seat back folds down??