Stick it out or adjust the fin?

WBLskier

• Baller
I am skiing on a 66 inch Radar Strada. I find myself back on the ski more often than on my old ski. I have never been one to adjust my fin, but I am wondering if I should try an adjustment or stick it out and work through my technique to get more ski in the water? If an adjustment is in order, any suggestions on where to start given my issue? Thanks.

I bought an A2 recently and like you I've never touched my fin before. I wasn't skiing so great so I changed the fin according to the recommended setting and it has made a huge difference. I would get the binding and fin set to recommended positions and see how that goes. Afterwards it would be a case of more subtile changes to suit your style I guess.

Changing the settings is actually very easy. My 1st go I took around 40mins but now it's around 15. Look on Goode or D3 website for instructions and a good tip I got on here was to start with dft. The slower and more carefully you do it, in end, the quicker it gets finished.

• Baller
I am skiing 34mph (no speed control) and into 32 off right now. I was running 32 off very consistently at the end of last year with my old ski. I am finding myself on the back of the ski at the end of the turn and into the first wake. bindings and fin are at stock settings. thanks.

• Administrators

Without watching it is hard to say what the cause is but.... on the tail out of the ball does not really sound like a ski adjust.

On the tail = hips back = handle out ?

cause could be a number of things at the ball or before. I would stay close to stock #s & get some coaching.

• Baller
Adjust bindings first. Quick, easy, and also easy to go back to where they were if not the solution. Once happy w/bindings, go to work on fin if necessary. Moved one hole forward on my Razor and it's magic.

• Baller
I do not know what bindings you are using but in the past, its always been the situation that if using say, d3 bindings on an HO you always have to move the binding back one hole and in some cases when using a ho binding on another ski to move the binding forward one hole, thickness of rubber used on binding etc

I have noticed that through my edge change into my offside if i keep the weight distribution equal than i come to narrow but if put a bit of weight onto the back through the edge change than the ski gets much wider. Will video this weekend. Running Rossi's Numbers with the front binding 1 forward of stock and the back binding stock. Was thinking try Rinni's numbers first than adjust binding as i do tend to wheelie more than average.