SN 200 Purchase Advice

LCZ

Another Lurker becomes a Baller...

My ski buddy and I want to upgrade our '94 Nautique to a 2010 or 2011 SN 200. How much of a premium do you think it's worth paying for a boat with 100 hours vs. one with 500 hours? I can't get a handle on how much 400 extra hours impacts the resale value 5-10 years later.

On a related subject, what would be a fair price per hour to charge other club members for usage, assuming they provide fuel?

Thanks in advance for the help. This site is by far and away the best resource for slalom knowledge.

• Baller_

http://static.cl1.vanilladev.com/ballofspray.vanillaforums.com/uploads/FileUpload/d3/58ac64a1489b541444f4342f544807.jpg

This one is for sale! The boat not Clem!

Want to talk price call me!

Boat has a 6 liter and 200 hours also is a record setting boat! has history....

• Baller_

Clint you can ski with me anytime! But I am going to need some Chabo and your boat and my taxes done. I already told ya I would give you a smokin deal on this 200! Come off your pocket book!

Also if You can make it to taco night this evening The Hunters are in town and they plan on a big night and weekend, Los Ranchero's Bring it!

• Supporting Member

Welcome LCZ!

Re your signature: I remember, with some fondness, the years that I was chasing national qualification. Here's an attempt at some advice:

1) Believe you can do it!

2) Try to get fundamentally better, not just incrementally better. This may mean getting worse in the short-term sometimes.

3) HAVE FUN!!

• Baller

Larry,

Check out all the promo boats from the other members here on Ball of Spray. The boats are well taken care of and a good way to support the guys that support the tournaments. I will have a 2012 available at the end of the season, doesn't have the Clem factor that Jody's boat does, but still a nice boat.

Kevin

@jody seal - Appreciate the offer but those colors are tough to swallow for a Browns fan that still lives in the Cleveland area.

@ral - We'd be lucky to put 100 hours per year on the boat. Work gets in the way of skiing too often...

Thanks to the others that posted as well. We'd definitely consider a promo boat from BOS member.

I charge $15 a set, but I ain't too smart. I did a big spreadsheet several years ago when I had a 196 promo. Break even was over $40/set.

Several promo guys on here, including me. I may have my 2012 sold, but first one with the $ or signature! Still time to change the colors/options too. Not sure if you can wait till Sept for delivery though.

• Baller
LCZ, we've got three promo 200s available this year if Jody's colors don't float your boat. A classy black center stripe/white 2011 team 200 which is available now with 80 hrs. A metalflake blue/silverflake 2012 team 6.0 boat(think dallas cowboys colors) that will be available in September. And then our own personal demo redflake/black 2012 team which could arguably be sold any time.

• Baller
Our winters are usually pretty mild. We have outlets at each boat that are set to come on with a thermostat. We then keep block heaters on the engine just in case. If it gets unusually cold I will normally get up there and drain the engine & heater core just to be sure.

• Baller

Horton,

We use it to track gas usage for our members. It consists of a gauge that we mount under the dash. It reads current usage (instant gallons per hours) and also displays a total usage. The instant gal/hour reads like a tach and the total usage reads like a odometer. The guts of the system has to be installed in the fuel line. There are two senors. One that reads fuel from the gas tank to the engine, and a second one that reads from the engine back to the fuel tank. We have been using this system for about six years. We move it every year or so when we change boats. The system should work on any inboard but we are running nautiques. We now have it down to a art where the sensors are mounted on a plastic sheet about three inches wide and 18 inches long. We have it set this way to allow us to move it as a unit when we get a new boat. It has been very durable and in use in at least three or four boats. Accuracy has to be set in the beginning. There are dip switches on the back. Several settings both for idle consumption and operating range. With skiers who sit at both ends of the lake, you have to get the idle switches set. We fill the tank and run a full tank thru. Then add gas from a five gal can and adjust accordingly. We have found that a average slalom set is about .9 gals. Believe it or not, speed does not have a huge effect on consumption. Maybe since it takes longer to run thru the course at the lower speeds, it averages out with the higher RPM's You can get more info at floscan.com We use the rec marine gas model 5500 series.

Pretty good stuff and does exactly what we need it to do. If you go to this system I have a bullet proof spread sheet that I then use to calculate members gas cost based on several factors.