To buy or not to buy........

SDNAH2OSKIER

Hey yall, I came across a 1993 Malibu/Flightcraft 20xlt that is in good condition 300+ hours and the guy will sell for 6k. I need another boat like a hole in the head, but I love older stuff when its in really good shape and this is a cool older tow boat that I could leave out at the river. What do you guys think?

I use a Flightcraft 18XL with a 200hp Merc as my slalom boat. I've fitted it with Perfect Pass Z-Box. It is an unreal boat for the money. If they sold for only $6k here in Australia, I'd buy a second in a heart beat.

Had a 95 Flightcraft XLT20 with 350 Chev for years. It was a great boat and i still have a soft spot for them.

@6balls is on the money with the low freeboard though. Easy to take a hit over the top if you're not watching.

For 6K it's a steal. Mine had around 300 hours and i sold it for 20K.

@SDNAH2OSKIER : Post a photo after you buy it, LOL......

• Baller

take it for a good test ride. I believe they were still wood floor and stringers so inspect as much of the boat as you can. 6k is a good price but if the floor and stringers are rotten 4-5k is more like it IMO. its likely not worth a penny more than 8large with a solid hull and motor.

cool boats

• Baller
Thanks MS. There's a 2002 with Excaliber for sale on SIA. It Is my boats twin in Yellow and Navy. ZO conversion is pretty easy with a 2002 Excaliber 330 and the cheapest conversion I think. Talk to Tim White at InboardSolutionsLLC! He set me up with mine. I did the work myself.

• Baller
@thager , cheapest way to ZO for sure, and a killer hull. Love your cupholder install. I run a '00 SN 196 and today skied a Response LX...the SN196 is way better on the opener at 28 off for wake...not that it's a big deal but it was noticeable. 32 thru 38 negligible on wake/spray. The 196 also has better hole shot, visibility, driver ergonomics, tracking and is WAY quieter. You have a fantastic boat.