2000 Nautique 196 open bow for ZO project

gregy

• Baller
I don't think the SNOB wakes are quite as good as the closed bow TSC1s. I believe they moved the motor further aft in the hull which degraded the wakes a bit. Personally if I were going to make a zero off tractor, I'd look for a closed bow.

• Baller

It will make an awesome boat, but I can't imagine that it will get anywhere close to getting your money back out of it. will still be more boat than 99% of the skiing world can ever out-ski.

I'll take the old engine. I've got a 93 SN 196 NWZ that needs a full repower on the cheap. No meat on that bone if I start sinking dollars into it. Old engine is trash.

• Baller
I have done 4 repowers 3 being 2000 C/C 1 being 1995C/C they all ski and drive great I have taken out the GT 40 put in 343EX brand new from PCM using the same trans install ZO go map go ski repower takes me about 5 hours start to finish DON"T WASTE YOUR $$$ on a snob

• Baller
Yea thats the one. I saw it on the side of the road the other day. I was thinking less $ than that though. It needs a lot of work and for some reason it doesn't have the proper windshield. Might be best just to make payments on a newer boat.

• Baller

Wowee that boat is hammered. As for a snob in general, I have one and really love it. The front bow has easily fit two adults or 3 kids, so it really does add a ton of space to a top notch slalom wake. I have to imagine the engine being back does make the wake a touch worse, but I still feel like I have a great wake.

As far as adding ZO to a snob, I tend to agree with aupatking in the fact that you will never get your money out of it. But if you're planning on keeping it for 10 more years, then getting money out of it isn't the point, the point is to make a zo open bow boat with a premier wake that you can afford, and that you would accomplish.

• Baller
No doubt. It was most likely sitting in a boat house on the Guadalupe when it flooded, which is why someone stuck a different windshield on it. Plus all the manual switches. After the '98 flood on Mcqueeney, there were any number of boats that looked like that.