NEW PROSTAR??????????

dave2ball

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to talk about overdoing it on the seadek let's change the discussion to the ski nautique. I'm a huge nautique fan but the latest gen ski nautique has just way to much going on. This new prostar is a beautifully simple(in today's era) boat. Imo the areas where they did use seadek are simply wear points that are using it as protection. They focused on the details and didn't over do it with frills and edgy lines. The cockpit is unbelievably sleek looking. Even tho touch screens scare me 20 years down the line.

• Baller
The current version of the Prostar has a quick release @ScarletArrow (although there is a wire for the light on the tower that they didn't put a coupler in). Looks to be the same tower and mechanism. Makes sense... current tower is great.

• Baller

Really like it over-all. The options of flooring is great so no one can complain about carpet sea-deck etc.

Glad the airflow has been improved with the new Motorbox. Curious if the redesign will increase cockpit noise?

The color and paint schemes work

The new screen was needed to keep up with Nautique.

Tune-able rudder and revised connection tiller point---- thank you!!

Can't wait to see+feel how the hull tweaks work

Overall it Looks awesome and I look forward to skiing and and driving it.

The price-point ---- excellent!!

I hate to say this but, ------ A 4th tracking fin??

Kind of reminds me of the vented and winged rudder of the late 90's ProStars. Is it supposed to reduce the side to side pivot-slide feeling with short line skiers?

When does the boat get AWSA approved?

• Members

As someone who just got their 2020 (bought last fall but went into storage right away) I kinda wish we had waited. Not totally as I love our boat but it looks like this one has a much cleaner inside from the cockpit and around the boat in general. Since we use our boat for cruising the quitier engine and perhaps no need for the extra cooling fan would be very nice also. I like the design of the engine box but when I look at the fwinter pic I cannot help but think of Transformers with the rear MC logo.

Looks like a great update and not an easy thing to do with such a great last version.

• Baller

Is the 4th tracking fin equivalent to the 4th axle on the monster wakeboat trailers?

On a serious note. Boy this thing looks nice. I don’t use the additional “cooling” fan on my 14 and have never had a problem. Surprised by everyone still using it.

Also never felt the need for more gas storage, but maybe for tournament and school use it will help?

Is the hull completely different? Can we expect a better wake? I mean I don’t understand how it gets any better than the existing, but had to ask.

Great job mastercraft!!!

• Baller
@swc5150 The clevis was a part in the linkage that connected the rudder to the steering cable and ultimately to the steering wheel. In the previous generation hull this part created some slop or play in the steering especially after the boat was "broken in." By removing this part the rudder is now more directly connected to the steering wheel which will result in more responsive steering.

• Baller
@swc5150 Mr Broussard kind of nailed this one. Long story short, between the extra fin, the new 80 inch lines on the hull, the tuneable rudder and the removal of the clevis, this thing drives exceptionally. It holds in the water even when heavy skiers pull from high up on the boat but allows the driver the input they need to provide a good pull. Probably my favourite new feature.

• Members

@Broussard The engine box updates are great. The removal of the fan alone would be helpful but a seal would must help even more.

It does look like the bow seating has seating updated, I assume the space is the same? Is the change just cosmetic?

• Administrators
@sodbuster88 yes bow seats have been standard for last few years. I sat through a training seminar on Tuesday and I forget exactly what the changes are but they have redesigned that bow seating.

• Baller
Maybe MC also heard the cries for a more "budget-friendly" boat? Still big money of course, but no where even close to a new SN. Not that I could afford one of those anyway, but it seems like the justification for one maybe just got a lot harder? Strictly talking bang for the buck, not brand bashing (Nautiques are fantastic obviously).

@swc5150 the rear pads you see come standard with the boats. If you order the rear seats you also get the pads and if you want to pull out your seats you can slip the pads back in.

And yes- wee started working on this Prostar before the new Ski Nautique and pricing was ever released. The group of athletes, promo drivers, dealers and ski school owners As well as Mastercraft management agreed that the sport was looking for maximum performance that is more budget friendly. So every addition, every improvement and every component had to be justified to meet that goal. We hope you approve.

Freddy Krueger

• Baller
Has the weight changed substantially? We’ve tested a 2020 at our site and the 6.0 was absolutely sufficient whereas the 5.7 was not on the short setup. Malibu with a 6.0 was also a challenge on our short setup. Can’t wait to ski and drive one soon.

• Baller
25 hrs and counting till my test drive and ski, can't wait. With all these question why does MasteCraft not do a boat over view on the trailer showing how everything works in detail. Like the you tube videos Nautique does. They keep putting out life style videos I thing we live it don't need to sold on that