NEW PROSTAR??????????

dave2ball

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
This is an interesting product launch/release tactic. Leaked info on demo's, and highlighting old prostars on social media, but that's it. This thread even died over the weekend, a thread on the main Forum for skiing about a newly designed ski boat, and the boat that supports the website. The impact and interest of this new product is being lessened by the lack of information and release, very confusing plan regardless of any Covid impacts.

• Baller
@Horton that's my point, the views are there but no content. Views aren't always the best measurement, especially when there isn't any content. If there was a link, or something where engagement could be measured, that would make sense. The lack of information will dampen the impact and excitement. To your point, how many people keep coming back to see an update, and what that is doing to their opinion on the product, company, and launch when there is nothing? That's a lot of views for a bunch of arguing about capacity placards, Australian exchange rates, and dislikes of the current boat. Very little/no info on the new boat, which the longer it drags on the less impactful the launch will be.

• Administrators

@unksskis sorry, it looks like I retracted my comment before you made your second one.

You are just going to have to wait and see. I'm under the impression they have a plan. I suspect there are some pretty smart & talented people who are just getting ready pull back the curtain and let you see their new creation.

• Baller
I am signed up for a test drive and ski I will tell you I am so excited My girlfriend is ready to throw me out of the house. She will be test driving the boat hopefully pulling me she would ski but she’s on the injured list. I keep telling her I don’t understand why you’re not more excited, we all know what that’s like

• Baller

This area looks like it has been altered as it looks like it narrows far more that the previous version. Wonder what they have tweeked back there? I have a hunch but think it’s a long shot that it was done...

Wednesday 3PM E.S.T.

Can’t wait.

942xgqvd3ob9.jpeg

• Baller

@skierjp I'm a BIG prostar fan. I got to drive my first one this last saturday. Still love it, even though it isn't a freight train for tracking.

Nevertheless, I've just never understood why, across their whole line, they decided to make their boats have the appearance that a big giant I-beam fell on them before leaving the factory. Maybe some day I will get to talk to the artists behind it and see what the thought process was. Even as such though, it's still the 2nd pretties ski boat out there behind only the 200.

• Administrators
@usaski1 yeah the current boat is just so good. My first reaction was "how much better can it be"? It has been 7 years since the last redesign so it really was time.

• Baller
The bad thing is I am planing on selling my 08 196 this winter and picking up a used promo boat. Test skiing and driving the different boats I had decided on a 20 Mastercraft. It now looks like I will be spending more money than I planned on. The same thing happened when i bought my lake home three years ago I ended up spending $100,000 more for the right location. Now, I know that a boat will not make me ski better but if the new ProStar tracks better than the 2020 @FWinter and i will have to talk about selling his new boat to me. Friday is going to be so much fun! my test drive/ski is at 2pm

• Administrators
I'm going to have to call my website hosting provider and buy some more bandwidth. When you guys find out what MasterCraft did with the new ProStar I think there is going to be a lot to talk about.

• Administrators
@theboardingschool if you can't ski behind your boat why don't you let me come get it and I'll use it here on the west coast. I don't know when I'm going to get my own so you might as well just let me have yours.

• Baller

Well @tru-jack ...let’s get nuts!

@Horton how about a free Prostar T to whomever guesses the closest?

1)Made for Prostar Dockstar/Trackstar system to make it track like a train.

2)Adjustable running surface toward the rear to be able to manipulate the wake, adjust attitude, side to side balance, etc.

3)Or an automatic MTS system.

4)???

• Baller

I am thinking an improved screen.

Integrated programmed trick ballast-system

Adjustable rudder

And a MC version of Micro-tuners for short line wakes.

---------------

AND (going for a Panda here) rear facing kick ass stereo with below the platform sub woofers with a Skier remote control!!