Waterski Ski themed restaurant FL

Wish

• Baller

A little off-topic, but I just returned from a ski trip to Colorado and am sad to report that the Minturn Saloon, which had a large display of old Pro Tour memorabilia and vintage water ski photos on its walls is temporarily closed and undergoing an extensive remodel- hope the water ski stuff survives...

• Baller

We’ve eaten there twice-both positive experiences.  Good food good service.  I wasn’t expecting much since they just opened, but they had a really strong start.  The place is busy all the time so get there early.   TWBC is working on maybe running old tournament videos on some of the bar screens.  Or possibly even live tournaments!

• Baller

Cnewbert is correct. The name is Eaton Beach Sand Bar Grill in Weirsdale, FL, east of the Villages.   They refer to their menu as Florisiana Cuisine.  And, they also display several old skis and artifacts. They 13 miles from the 2023 World Championsips at Jack Travers.   I am now a Leesburg resident and pleased to have Ski Beach here now. Both are great restaraunts.  As for holding quality tournaments there, it might work if they can close the harbor. 

• Like 3

• Baller

@dave2ballI recall that Jody did do something with the owners regarding a tournament or some such thing, maybe as a promotional event, so perhaps he has that level of involvement.  But unless running a ski school is infinitely more profitable than I imagine, no ski school owner is building major restaurant given the enormous capital investment required. 😂

• Baller

Jodi was very active, working closely with the owners, in some cross promotion involving the opening of the restaurant and coordinating the tournament on their opening weekend. He included that as the 3rd Wrapped Roots Tournament (one in spring and one in fall at Jodi's site.) 

The tournament in that cove worked out pretty good despite the boat traffic, even on a saturday with good weather the traffic didn't pick up too much till noon. There are future plans to do more tournaments and work with the city of Leesburg to potentially close off the cove for a block of time. Todd Ristorcelli was there for the whole event filming content and skied in the tournament, as did Jodi. Jon Travers stopped by toward end of day to run a set also. Great day for all involved.  

If you look around the restaurant you may find one of Jodi's Wrapped skies displayed, along with one of his Wrapped Roots tournament bibs, nicely displayed in a handsome ski themed case. 

316811861_622527096336191_2140520703761166140_n.jpg

317329161_622527119669522_3481009975533643513_n.jpg

• Like 4

• Baller

Hats off for Jodi trying to get something going here. Since we moved local tournaments away from public venues many years ago, our sport  has declined. This could be a pretty good venue to hold a pro or pro/ am event and even a night event if the harbor could be closed off. A ton of fun and lots of spectators. Like Moomba, the Worlds, Bennett night jump,  King of Darkness, TWBC all generate interest in our sport. 

• Like 2

• Baller_

Stopped by on our way to pick up some dock supplies. Would have liked to eat there but the wait was more than we could do. Hostess said over an hour is common for a Sat so the must be killing it. I can see how the bay would work as a ski tournament site. Wally wakes could be an issue and perhaps wind.  Took some pics to share. Some are the same but better. Well worth going. Even if a bit out of your way. 

7B8B9637-C8F5-444E-A944-46F79ACB887E.jpeg

99377D62-EFF8-4A2B-86A5-212FC93D1982.jpeg

E159F97B-DD09-46F9-A130-EE0DB4C62E5C.jpeg

1065E832-D49D-49A7-95C8-05C95B7DA233.jpeg

B8214219-ADA8-4F84-9358-8FA5AE0EE626.jpeg

435D57A6-2A84-4999-9141-1264337F9DAC.jpeg

5A95862E-29A6-4696-9F7B-05F52AB95183.jpeg

• Like 5

• Baller

Thanks to this thread and having to be in the area last week, we had dinner on Tuesday.  It was busy but no wait.  With all the boat slips, I can see how it would be packed on weekends. Food was good and the beers on tap were good but not a lot of them.  Loved the open air layout.  The ski decor is well done, you could spend a lot of time just looking at all of the skis.  Was surprised not to see more classic slalom skis.  

• Like 2

• Baller_

@RAWSki ..I KNOW!! There were more tables than that. I can only speak for FL and MN but both states seem to have significant issues with staffing. It’s seems to never be about available tables.

reputation ?? 🤪

• Haha 1