Malibu Open 2024

APB

• Baller

What’s up with the twbc webcast making such a big deal in regards to the negatives/ performance of the TXI going into this years Open? What a great way to push a sponsor out of this sport. 

I’m not sure if twbc is aligned with a boat company or not…. Tony sure doesn’t seem to like Malibu. 

The YouTube pre show posted today with Freddie is awkward. Also the twbc podcasts with Freddy it’s brought up again along with the Cole McCormick episode. 

Let’s keep the money in the sport. Love or hate the boat…. Be stoked they support this event, great athletes(interview them!) and produce a quality, high end product. Malibu should be celebrated and thanked for towing at least 3 events on this years pro tour. 🙌

Stoked to tune in tomorrow morning. Hopefully we get Freddy, Robert and a few others behind the mic!! 

• Like 3

• Baller

When was the last time we've seen 2 World Records and so many PBs in one tournament?  Especially considering the lake is not in Florida and the majority of the skiers aren't regularly skiing behind Malibus (conjecture).  Even the jumps were huge although there wasn't a very good headwind situation, it was mostly flat.  I'd say this was a big success for Malibu and Lymanland.

• Like 4

• Baller

It’s crazy to see that none of the new up and coming athletes have boat deals. Joel comes to mind…. If he’s so marketable you would think a brand would be all over it.

I think of Joel, Jaimee, Allie, Dane & more…..

Interesting to me. 

• Baller
5 hours ago, Cooper_Trelawney said:

When was the last time we've seen 2 World Records and so many PBs in one tournament?  Especially considering the lake is not in Florida and the majority of the skiers aren't regularly skiing behind Malibus (conjecture).  Even the jumps were huge although there wasn't a very good headwind situation, it was mostly flat.  I'd say this was a big success for Malibu and Lymanland.

I didn't get a chance to watch.  2 WRs and a bunch of PBs?  I know about Reg, but who else did WR or PB?

• Baller
23 hours ago, APB said:

It’s crazy to see that none of the new up and coming athletes have boat deals. Joel comes to mind…. If he’s so marketable you would think a brand would be all over it.

I think of Joel, Jaimee, Allie, Dane & more…..

Interesting to me. 

I think the manufacturers are more interested in partnering with entities that reach the broader market. By that, I mean people with ski schools. 

• Administrators

The greater boat market is way down and they already sell every ski boat they can make. It is hard to justify any additional marketing expense. 

• Baller

Feels like Malibu has some pretty easy marketing fodder from this weekend if they choose to capitalize on it.  When's the last time two WRs have been set in a single tournament?

Though I suppose at the rate Joel is going, he'll break his own overall record 2 more times this season.