• Over

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Baller

It’s getting to that time of year when I’ll get out maybe once or twice a week, and sometimes every other week, when the weather is warm. Sadly, I’m just now figuring out what was killing my skiing all season. Went out yesterday and ran 2 back-to-back easy passes at what used to be my 75-80% pass that has been my 20% pass this season, then 4 easy buoys at the pass I rarely run. 
on the bright side, this time of year is when my office becomes well decorated

IMG_1629.jpeg

• Like 1

• Baller

Well,   after waiting out the last cold snap, about a week of -2 to -8C , went to ski last weekend and started out with a dead battery, that morphed to a new alternator, and has now evolved into a new electrical ignition as well. Parts are on order but Im draining the block. I think Im done. 😒  

• Baller_

14" of fresh snow in the last 48 hours at Vail, a bit of a chilly start (1 deg F) but a pleasant mid 20's by afternoon.  Some really nice powder to blast through.  More ropes dropping by the day (to non snow skiers = first runs of the season meaning fresh tracks or the equivalent of pure glass).

• Like 2

• Baller

@DW I was on Mountain Safety at Keystone for 4 years. Saw a lot of folks caught off guard by rocks, including an instructor teaching tree skiing. He went right into a tree after hitting a rock, his class concluded at that time. Got a concussion but no permanent damage. Early season I stick to groomers, Keystone has some very challenging and fun terrain. Love Blue Sky Basin at Vail.

• Baller_

@dvskier - nice, did you get a yellow jacket? 😆  I saw the sled in use a few times today, bummer.  North & South Rim, Prima and Pronto off Northwoods chair at Vail are open with very good coverage, the only bowl open is Game Creek.  The Outback is great until you have to ride the Wayback chair and Santiago has fun stuff too.  So far, Vail is getting all the snow in the area.

The staff at Vail has been great, everybody is super friendly, cordial and smiling.  Makes for an even more enjoyable day on the slopes.  Kudo's to whomever has spread the happy culture, we as customers appreciate it.

• Like 1