Malibu no longer making ski boats?

Ali

• Baller
8 hours ago, Drago said:

"This boat is not equipped with a battery"

What they meant to say was “Batteries not included.” (Every parent’s nightmare to learn on Christmas Eve.) 

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Baller

I guess I'm sad that there might not be a Malibu ski boat - we just love our older LXI.   I feel like the look of the TXI was fine from 2012-2016 but when they changed the look in 2017 that did it for some folks - i know one of my good ski buddies ordered a prostar instead of the TXI b/c of this.  To add to this Malibu had to started messing around with engine suppliers and building there own engines. 

• Like 1

• Baller
4 minutes ago, Ski_Dad said:

I guess I'm sad that there might not be a Malibu ski boat - we just love our older LXI.   I feel like the look of the TXI was fine from 2012-2016 but when they changed the look in 2017 that did it for some folks - i know one of my good ski buddies ordered a prostar instead of the TXI b/c of this.  To add to this Malibu had to started messing around with engine suppliers and building there own engines. 

Everyone can have their own opinion as to aesthetics. I personally thought the new TXI looked amazing.  I wouldn’t even consider it as polarizing as the new Ski Nautique.  

But as to Malibu marinizing their own engines, I personally thought that was a great thing.  It simplified warranty issues, reduced expenses, simplified tech training, and was a robust product.   

• Baller
5 minutes ago, buechsr said:

Everyone can have their own opinion as to aesthetics. I personally thought the new TXI looked amazing.  I wouldn’t even consider it as polarizing as the new Ski Nautique.  

But as to Malibu marinizing their own engines, I personally thought that was a great thing.  It simplified warranty issues, reduced expenses, simplified tech training, and was a robust product.   

i would agree that it's better than the new Ski Nautique 🙂 

• Baller
On 4/17/2024 at 10:20 PM, swc5150 said:

Risking another panda here, but did you guys see the new Land Cruiser's starting price has been lowered drastically to $56k from near $90k?  Toyota admitted to pricing their core customers out of the market, resulting in huge reductions in sales, so they did a reset.  And it's not some completely stripped base model, it's still a pretty loaded up LC.  I personally went from "no freaking way" to "when can I place my order".  Listen up big 3:)

That's not the full size LC.  It's the LC Prado in other markets.  We don't get the fully size LC in the states anymore.