Watch the Nautique Masters Live

• Administrators

Live coverage begins tomorrow, Friday May 24th at 8:00am EDT via masterswaterski.com as the 31st Junior Master’s athletes begin their battle for the coveted Junior Masters titles. Follow along with our schedule of events here as coverage extends throughout the entire weekend. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Baller
10 hours ago, Clydesdale said:

Livestream seems better, but we can only rewind 3 hours?  Maybe I’m just an idiot-tell me if I’m wrong.  Why does everyone except TWBC refuse to use YouTube!?

I didn’t realise you could rewind it. Was trying to re watch that god awful jump crash by Tristan Duplan-Fribourg but they didn’t replay it. He pretty much exploded into the cow catcher so was relieved to see him ok. Very surprised he jumped again afterwards but was clearly still shaken hence the repeat crash…😔

• Baller

I like the commentating between Tyler Boyd and the other guy (Aussie, Kiwi?).   They are both very knowledgeable and present professionally.  Looks like Tyler has the Golden Mic.  Guess they're only bringing Danno the Manno out for wakeboarding only?

• Like 1

• Baller

So, obvious observation is that 3 of the 4 men’s finalists would NOT have even made the field using too 7 in pro tour standings from 2023, and 2 of the 4 women.  

• Baller

I was about ready to compliment the Masters on their webcast this year. I bugged out for a while after slalom, not interested in wake boarding.  Knowing they were running behind from the rain delay, I figured I could catch some jump at 4pm. Apparently they were all done for the day. Ok, I missed it, my fault. Hey, I'll just go review the video. Nope, not available.  Scores aren't posted on their site either. The people who run that thing still haven't got it handled.

• Baller
3 minutes ago, ETskier said:

I was about ready to compliment the Masters on their webcast this year. I bugged out for a while after slalom, not interested in wake boarding.  Knowing they were running behind from the rain delay, I figured I could catch some jump at 4pm. Apparently they were all done for the day. Ok, I missed it, my fault. Hey, I'll just go review the video. Nope, not available.  Scores aren't posted on their site either. The people who run that thing still haven't got it handled.

They appear to be jumping now

• Baller

Interesting Saturday at the Masters with several of the bottom seeded skiers making the 4 skier finals and consistent finalists (and winners) such as Whitney, Smith, Winter, Pato Font and Freddy NOT making the finals.  Strange tournament or changing of the guard? 🤔

• Like 2

• Baller

The Masters takes some luck in slalom, you don't see the best slalom skiers in the finals! Yes everyone has the rollers to deal with but the rollers hit the skiers is slightly different sports during their run which makes a big difference. When you don't see Nate Smith, Fred Winter, and Whitney McClintock in the slalom finals you know you are not seeing the best slalom skiers.

• DIslike 3

• Baller

@BGrow76 EVERY skier at the masters earned that right, regardless of what people think of the new MCQ’s You are seeing the best in slalom. The field is so big and contested at 41 for both men’s and women’s slalom anything can happen.   

• Like 3

• Baller

One of these years I'd love to see big Steve on the top step. Really thought he had it a few years ago when he was the only man through 39 until Freddie came out of nowhere to beat him. He really skis well there. 

• Like 1

• Baller
6 hours ago, BGrow76 said:

The Masters takes some luck in slalom, you don't see the best slalom skiers in the finals! Yes everyone has the rollers to deal with but the rollers hit the skiers is slightly different sports during their run which makes a big difference. When you don't see Nate Smith, Fred Winter, and Whitney McClintock in the slalom finals you know you are not seeing the best slalom skiers.

Tiger didn’t win every tournament, either.  Doesn’t mean anyone who ever beat him in a major wasn’t one of the best. 

• Like 1

• Baller

Is there a way to watch the finals from earlier today?  The 2024 videos are no longer on the website and I had to miss half the coverage from today.  Maybe they will be posted by tomorrow somewhere? 

• Like 1

• Baller

Great event here.  The commentating was very engaging for the crowd.  You may not feel it at home on the web cast, but the announcers did a nice job for everyone here on the beach.  The entire day of the finals was very entertaining.  Lots of folks on the beach at Robin Lake who knew nothing about waterskiing had a really great time.  We heard several comments to that effect.

Men's slalom and jump finals were great to watch.

• Like 4

• Baller

Nice job Masters!  I totally support your qualification standards and process. Provides skiers that are truly at top of their game a path to get into tournament.  Cole brought it and won, clearly the best on the water the past 2 days.

Announcing much improved and better balance of commercial time.  Should be an exciting season!

• Like 1

• Baller

Missed being in the pavilion and on the beach at Callaway for the first time in 7 years but was able to watch a lot of slalom and jump while in Sicily.   Thought the webcast was improved and really enjoyed the jump camera angle from under the ramp— able to see the skier fly down the course was different.
Will be back next year, it’s still the best event to attend in person and you can even take non skiers and they enjoy too. 

• Like 1

• Baller
On 5/26/2024 at 8:32 PM, NoahVieke said:

Usually have to wait a few days before they will post it all on masters website 

Still waiting?

• Baller
14 hours ago, LeonL said:

I didn't watch any wake board (shocking ain't it) but I didn't see anything of "Dano the Mano".  Big improvement right there.

Dano was there calling women’s and men’s wakeboarding with Shaun Murray. Danny is actually a really nice guy. The man with the golden mike is basically a persona.