Hey MS is it cold at your house

Horton

• Administrators

@MS I just wanted to you know that I skied in my MODETEC Camaro 1/2 Mil today and it was plenty warm. How is it at your house?

Soon it will be warm enough for you to wear this http://www.camaro.at/en/segeln/suits.php?id=848536_99

• Baller_

I wont be able to even wear a dry suit for 4 more weeks. First we have to melt the 3 feet of snow on top of the 3 feet of ice.

I wonder if that suit is comparable to the Throttle full non bag dry suit.

@Horton it is bad karma to rub snow in someones face.

• Baller
Hey temps in the 30-40s darn near every day in the extended day, this keeps up and we have a shot at average ice out! @MS I'm still holding on to hope for April 17-20 for our lake up north. Until then the sap is starting to run in the maples making sweet tasty goodness.

• Supporting Member

Outside chance of a snowday this Thursday.

Latest ice-out in last 20 years on Lake Cochituate was 4/9. We might threaten that.

That year we had these huge floating ice islands after most of the rest of the ice was gone. I never figured out how there were these chunks that were at least a foot think after nearly all the rest of the ice had disappeared. I gave some thought to putting on my drysuit and some old track spikes and doing some ice block surfing and/or SuperMario style jumping. But with the slight chance of falling and knocking myself out, I figured I needed a partner and couldn't find anyone dumb enough on short notice.

Strange to think that in less than 4 months I'll be sweating my ass off wishing we had AC at our NH house.

• Baller

@MS it varies year to year. Last year the run was awesome and 350 taps gave us something like 36 gallons finished. We have 200 in right now and will be putting out more this coming weekend.

Have to see if I can grab a bottle for ya.

• Baller

Must have lost a foot of snow in the last 5 days while I was ski racing in MI. Another foot or so and 36" of ice and it'll be waterski season. The UP on the other hand needs to get rid of about 5 feet of snow and who knows how much ice.

Going to get a few runs in Ft. Meyers in a week or so and hope that I can at least bring the new boat home when we get back.

• Baller
@MS No 6.1 for me. Did not work out with my flailing arhymic violence style. 6.0 was better suited for me. However I was so sore and tired with a tweaked back that I am going to give it another try when it is warm and I am in ski shape.

• Baller
I have to try @razorskier1's 68 inch 6.0. At Andy's he had me on a 68 and if just felt like it was hard for me to stay in the sweet spot. I weigh as much as Jim and we ski similar lines so not sure why the 66'' demo for me...but wasn't going to argue with GOAT.

• Baller
Andy put me on his personal 66. Man, that thing was pulling angle! I unfortunately wasn't man enough to handle it. Very impressive ski. Whole time I was skiing all I could think of was "Wow, A.M is watching me ski!" The harder I tried the worse I got! He had to be wondering who is, "That Guy?" You don't want to be "That Guy". I want to try the 68" 6.0 next.

• Baller
to clarify, @6balls skied on a 66 inch 6.0. Mine is a 68. While I'm only 6ft tall and 190lbs, I've always skied a bit bigger skis. Andy put me on a 69 inch red/blue Sixam back in the day and I loved it. My 68 inch 6.0 skis awfully well. I'm just curious what the differences are more than anything. I should probably avoid testing another ski -- my checkbook is taking a whole lot of hurt with my new ProStar!