Denali c85

BobF

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

@dchristman ski is free, it’s a first... no other company has ever done this before!

Shipping is $2000 for one item and $1999 for each additional item ? (could be more, I don’t know for sure).

Same applies for local pickup....

• Supporting Member

I'm surprised there's not more comments about that video. Maybe folks don't know that Cord doesn't normally make 36/-39 look easy -- much less in a drysuit!

I was shocked enough that I timed the video. :) So unless that is a Dr. Jim course or rope, that is some remarkable skiing!

• Baller

@BlueSki I skied 34 for most of January and February to dial in "stock" settings. The ski absolutely rips at 34. I think my favorite thing about it is that the fin settings seem to matter way less than the c75. I've had skiers from 15 off to 38 off who ski well right away on the same settings that I like for 39 and 41, which is not something I've ever experienced before. The thing just works.

@Bruce_Butterfield Yes all skis are 65" but we've added sizes and decreased the difference between sizes. We had some people fall in between sizes on the c75 so we wanted to avoid that. The c85 will be 5 sizes, XS, S, M, L, XL, and we might add more if demand calls for it.

• Baller

@BlueSki I don't have much video from skiing 34 but I just uploaded this set from a few weeks ago. My timing is not great because I've been skiing 34 so little. When the weather warms up I'll try and get some better video. You can see that it doesn't look a whole lot different than 36, and they both just feel... easy :)

• Baller

@BlueSki the c85 is narrower though the tail but wider with even more tunnel under the ball of your front foot. So when you decide it's time to drop into the turn, this ski changes direction NOW. As one of the testers described it "You can decide to stop traveling down the lake and start traveling toward the wakes at will, no matter how fast you're going into the buoy."

So to answer your question yes it comes out of the turn very quickly but because of the direction change it's really easy to keep a tight line while doing it.

• Baller

@BlueSki ”quicker off the ball” is a great observation. What we have been looking for in design is a ski that moves cross course with ease, but while it swings away from the handle in the perturn it’s always rotating.

Early ski rotation is a MAJOR factor in ones ability to keep the line tight because it helps to decelerate your down course speed faster/earlier (without sinking&stalling), setting you up for an earlier and more energetic downswing back to center.

@Sethro - Austin Abel at 6’8” 215ish just tore it up on the new XL at 36 his first set.

Additionally, Last fall I had four different 220lbers jump on a stiff Medium at 34mph and absolutely love it between 22 and 35off (given the water was cool!). So with the XL being two sizes up from that I would be surprised if we need something bigger then we have now. But, like Cord said, we are contemplating putting a XXL out there for any big guys who might be looking to drop to 32mph or below.

• Administrators
@AdamCord the only driver I have is a 6-year-old and when I do have a decent driver I'm often trying some completely hairbrained crap designed by some goofy friend of mine who wants a ski company.