January roll call - who's still skiing?

bogboy

• Baller
Kevin Day and the Missouri Disabled Water Ski Association conducted their annual Polar Bear Water Ski event on January 1st on the "mighty" Mississippi River at the Arch. Water was 32 degrees and the air was 32 degrees. Acts included a bare footer, pyramid, kneeboard, slalom, pairs, and an appearance by Santa on the reclinoski. The event raised nearly $6,000 for the association's summer activities. No sissies in the Midwest!

• Baller_
Taught 3 adopted adolescents (old ski friend of mine adopted them) how to ski. Water 66 air 80. His wife skied and he did a barefoot and slolam run. Stunning day weather wise and got all 3 kids skiing long line deep water starts behind the boat. The kids could not stop smiling. Almost as good as skiing myself. Maybe tomorrow.

• Baller

Ran a set yesterday here and according to the Baller Index it was -16.67.

No matter the sun FINALLY came out after w week of rain and terrible weather!

Maybe I will get lucky two days in a row and wife will get back in the drivers seat for me again today! :)

• Baller

After some very changeable weather and a frozen loch (lake) over the last few weeks Skied yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks and the first time this year.

Temperature = 1deg C (air and water) = baller index of -54.

Loch frozen over today :(

Note: oneil pyrotech suit (chest zip and sealed seams), radar Strada boots with hot water, neoprene beanie and 2mm neoprene gloves (with Kevlar palms/ customised prolocks over the top and kids width handle) = can manage the cold like a spring day :)

• Baller_

Well, first set of 2015 and first time out in over 5 weeks. Lower back issues...had to get better first. Did not chase the little red buoys. Playing it safe for a while. So wide ride ski for easy ups, 26mph 28off doing pull out drills, whip drills and lean drills. 8 passes with spins at one end. Order of the day, see how the back felt after (good by the way), stay focused of body position and form, and increase strength. Even worked a bit on getting forward on the ski as mentioned in the advanced thread. Will probably continue this way for several weeks. Better then looking at the lake watching others use it. Love that ski by the way.

iv7ew1y4phzs.jpg

• Baller

UCLA enjoyed a sweet day at my Coachella Valley lake yesterday. Great weather (60 water, 79 air, sunshine) and great kids. They have a long way to go but fantastic learning curves. SDSU got a few kids out midweek last week. College kids have such a great attitude! Personally got a couple fun rides myself with them.

Eric

• Baller

Took off early from work today. I had to... 75 degrees F in January!?! Oh, and wind "gusts" up to 3 mph!?! Oh, heck yeah!

fsrdjzu1a8zl.jpg

Water was 54F. Baller Index 48.33.

Hadn't skied since early Dec. I used the first set to shake the cobwebs off. Second set w 33mph-ish boat speed, got to my tourney PB line and within 1 buoy of the PB. ...in January! That's 3 full passes better than my Jan set last year.

bn19z2c7mlzz.jpg

We were treated to a beautiful Texas sunset.